CTC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
wafflycat said:
My husband got knocked off his bike and was injured (also bike damaged) by a hit-and-run driver. The legal eagle supplied by the CTC helped my husband obtain *substantial* compensation
But you can get the exact same service from the same company without being a CTC member. There is only one difference: the contact number you get as a CTC member is a chargeable one, the contact number for non-CTC members is an 0800 one ...

Ben

wafflycat

third party insurance + legal help either from CTC or British Cycling = peace of mind for me. Well worth it IMO

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
See above, though: the legal help isn't a membership benefit as it's available equally to non-members.

If the third-party insurance is worth it to you, fair enough - for me it's included in my household insurance policy as a no-cost extra.

Ben

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Origamist said:
And yet you still post in the CycleChat commuting section where know-it-all road positioning nannies pontificate endlessly! Libertarian paternalism, anyone;)
While I respect your right to express your opinion, it disagrees with Cyclechat orthodoxy and will be deleted.

As for joining, its not like some moral dilemma. If you think the benefits are worth it to you and you can't get those same benefits elsewhere for less money and with less hassle, then join. If you want to get actively involved, join but be realistic. Like any British institution, the CTC has a lot of baggage, politics and sniffiness and it might not be for you. Or - don't join.

I'm about to demolish my shed.

Top Bottom