Cube Analog 29

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan16ac

I'm finally getting hold of a bike and I'll be using it for road use and rocky/muddy trails.
Would the Cube Analog 29 be suitable for this? I've looked around and they seem to be highly rated bikes. Just wanted a few opinions of others on here.
I'm spending about £600 -/+ 50, so if there are any others you may think more suitable please let me know.
Thanks.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

Anyone know anything about it?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cube are awesome bikes. However, the Analog is a very basic spec bike, and unless you really wanted to go 29 then I would suggest your £600 could find far better 26 inch bikes.

Do you particularly want a 29er?

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't consider a 29'er unless you've got upwards of £800 to spend. The extra mass, and the extra flex of cheap 29 wheel sets over a 26er of equivalent quality makes them not very nice.

At this price point and below 26'ers are a better proposition.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

Ah right I just thought the larger wheel would be better on road.
What 26ers should I be looking at then?

Drago

Legendary Member
I think the Specialized Carve Comp at around £800 is the cheapest 29 er I'd consider. And very nice it is too, well thought out frame.

For £600 I'd he looking at the usual suspects from Trek, Spesh and Giant. Ylu got the smallet brands like Cube, Canyon, Boardman which might bring you more flash, but they often simply don't ride as nicely despite the lure of bling.

Visit a few bike shops, go ride a few is your best bet. Buying a bike is fun, take your tine and get the right one. I can tell you what's to avoid, but I can't say what'll suit your dimensions and needs the best.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

My Cube rides very nicely. And the "bling" makes for smooth gear changes, easy braking, and a controlled ride from the air forks.

What cube do you have.

And thanks for the responses so far. My only option to buy a bike really is Tweeks Cycles in Wrexham. Been to local ones and they're all tiny and no one seems helpful. And in Halfords..... Well....

lulubel

Über Member
Mine is a 26" - Access WLS SL, which is a female specific model. I'm not sure what the unisex equivalent is. Possibly the LTD in one of its versions?

D

Deleted member 23692

Love my Cube LTD and at the time of purchase it was far better specced than the equivalent models from industry volume shifters.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

Got to wait anyway. Getting it through the bike 2 work scheme. But the process seems very slow!

Motozulu

Über Member
Same here Alan - my company runs it for one month in February. :rolleyes:

Ffoeg - been looking at the Ltd Race - which version is yours? I'm a bit obsessed on getting a light bike (light compared to my current 13.8kg Merida) how does your Cube ride? good climber?

D

Deleted member 23692

Mine's a 2008 LTD Comp... however it didn't come with the hydraulic rim bakes, as the supplying dealer didn't like them, so Cube up-specced it to hydraulic discs at no extra cost :smile: The original forks were Dart 3, which weren't the best on the planet, so they got swapped for Reba Race very shortly afterwards.. So it's more LTD Team spec than LTD Comp.

Ride wise - I like it and It's done everything I've asked of it. Before buying I rode both the LTD and the Acid, and found the LTD to be a fair bit more responsive/reactive and the way it changes direction suits me perfectly. The Reba's have a pushloc, and with that engaged it climbs very nicely indeed, (once I got the fork set top).

IIRC the LTD race comes in at around 12kg according to Cube, which wont include pedals.

and it's be rude not tot post a piccy....

_GRF1530_zpsd5b009b0.jpg

Apart from the forks, saddle, grips and pedals it's all original

Top Bottom