Cube Attain SL Disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm liking the look of this as a contender for my next bike.

http://www.cube.eu/uk/products/road-race/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-blackngreen-2016/

Seems to be extremely sharply priced albeit not available until April-ish - not a problem for me even if that over-runs a fair bit.

Cube Germany are giving the max' tyre size as 28mm with 'guards and 33mm without - the latter is one reason why this bike appeals as an alternative to another CX. Plus the low gearing is very low too.

One question though. I've never had a bike with internal cable routing and I have read of some bikes rattling with such a routing - this would drive me nuts tbh. I can see that the RD/FD cables being under tension would not rattle but how is a full length hydraulic hose rattle-proofed within the tube?

A couple of other bikes I have looked at have the RD/FD cables internally routed and the hydraulic hose externally inc' Cubes own CX disc bikes. These are also options for me.

I'm probably over thinking this but hey-ho.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Often packed out inside the tube with something lightweight. My bike has internal cabling and I've never heard a rattle from day one. Nice bikes those Attains.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Often packed out inside the tube with something lightweight. My bike has internal cabling and I've never heard a rattle from day one. Nice bikes those Attains.

@Heisenberg71

Thanks for that. I'll check with the dealer too.

For £1200 it's a really well specified bike for full hydraulic. Latest flat mount too - not that that's a massive thing for me: the flat mount bit - I definitely do want hydraulic discs.

Carbon version @ £1800 seems to be very good value too:

http://www.cube.eu/uk/products/road-race/attain/cube-attain-gtc-sl-disc-carbonnflashyellow-2016/

I am going to try a current non-disc model on Weds re fit. Can't figure out the sizing tbh! I'm 5' 8.5" and think I need a 53.

gmw492

Veteran
My bike has internal cable but never heard any rattling too,I'm looking at the Attain sl non disc road bike at the moment,looks nice,and decent spec ,miss my old Agree Gtc pro,so looking at Cube again

lukaorlic

any one know which retailer will ship this bike the soonest? i plan to put an order for a size 62 and cubeguard attain dist too but don't want to wati too much :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a Cube shop in Durham I think, I'd assume they get some sort of preference

Otherwise, ask your local dealer? Or start phoning stockists

Top Bottom