Cube CMPT Kickstand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goggs

Guru
I recently bought myself a Cube Hyde Pro hybrid bike, mainly for pootling around the town & rides out into the countryside. I live in France these days and before we moved here I had this idea that the cycling infrastructure in France was sure to be better than back home in Scotland. It is, but only just. The big annoyance is that there are very few places in the town to park bikes securely. They do occassionally have these 'racks' for locking bikes too but they're made from the same steel they use on oil rigs in the North Sea. No way was I leaning my shiny new bike against these things. So that left me always looking around for something better & sometimes that was impossible anywhere close to where I was actually going.

So a kickstand became a neccessity. There are loads on the market but they all use the same clamping type of mechanism that I had on my bikes when I was wee. They inevitably led to rust. That wouldn't be a problem on my aluminium bike but clamps are just so last century. I noticed that Cube listed a stand specific to certain models in their range. It was unique because the bike frame itself was built to accomodate the stand. I actually knew this before I bought the bike but couldn't find anything saying my particular model had this feature. In fact, on the Cube website my hybrid - or City Trekking in Cube lingo - bike was unique in having no mudguard, rack or even water bottle mounting provision. I took a gamble when I bought the bike and luckily I found nothing to worry about. There's rack mounts front & rear as well as two bottle cage positions. No separate mudguard eyelets though.

I couldn't source the kickstand anywhere in France & so had to get it from Germany. The same company in fact who sold me the bike.

It arrived today. It's called a Cube CMPT Kickstand and isn't particularly expensive, although postage costs from Germany to France almost doubled the price. C'est la vie.

http://www.mhw-bike.com/cube-kickstand-cubestand-cmpt-black-cross-und-trekking-5970

Fitting took all of 3 minutes and it's absolutely rigid. I like neat engineering solutions and this is one of the best I've seen. I especially like how it supports the bike just in front of the rear axle, exactly where most of the weight is centred. Sorry for the long story but it's too hot to go out & I thought why not share. Here's some pics..

_DSC9393_zpsfj5dudas.jpg

_DSC9390_zps4avzp95k.jpg

_DSC9391_zpsl4jkwjgc.jpg

frenchie

Just so you know, this was very useful to me! I have a Cube Hyde Pro (which I've grown to love), but have been having a hard time sourcing a kickstand to fit. Cube told me I needed a KSA 18 adapter (this guy https://www.cube.eu/en/equipment/ac.../cube-kickstand-adapter-fuer-hebie-663-fix18/) which seems to be unavailable. I'm assuming you didn't need this adapter, the CMPT kickstand fitted straight on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom