cube frame size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Long

Simple question.

I'm 5 foot 7, inside leg 30 inches.
Anyone similar height got a cube?
I'm looking at a 53 in the agree pro model
But people say they are small frames. Do I go larger?
I know I know, go and try one in a shop. I will at the weekend, but any other thoughts appreciated :-)

Chris

vickster

Legendary Member
Go try one in a shop, it's not just about height and inseam :smile: Your flexibility, arm length, shoulder width, preference. For example, I probably ride a smaller frame with narrower bars and a shorter stem than many blokes the same size. I can't do overstretched for a variety of reasons, found that it does me no good!

NorvernRob

I'm 5'9, inside leg 32" with quite long arms and have a 53cm Peloton Race. They are smaller frames than 'standard' sizes (I normally ride a 'standard' 54 which would probably be a 56 in Cube sizing) but it fits me absolutely fine with a longer stem and setback seatpost. I have the stem right on the headset too.

I would suggest sizing up to a 56 in your case would be a mistake, and the 53 would be the one to go for. As said above though sitting on one would help.

D

Deleted member 23692

I'm just short of 5'10'' with a 30 inside leg and comfortably fit on a 58cm Peloton.. so I'd suggest trying a 56cm

OP
OP
C

Chris Long

:-D

I just got my carrera out and the geometry of the cube. It seems almost identical to the 53 frame, except headtube being shorter which is fine.

Hope I'm measuring correctly, measuring from the centre's of each tube :-/

NorvernRob

If you have to buy one without trying, then get the 53 as it WILL fit you assuming your aren't carrying back injuries etc that mean you need to be in a 'sit up and beg' position.

I had my 53 Peloton and 54 Scott Foil fitted by Adrian Timmis yesterday and replicating the same measurements on both bikes wasn't a problem. The Cube frame is smaller yes, but not massively and certainly not two sizes smaller. You have loads more scope for fitting a smaller frame than a bigger one.

Top Bottom