Cube Kathmanduu rack bags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
My wife wants a bag to fit on the factory fitted rear rack on her new Cube Kathmandu. As it's a very bespoke type bag mounting, its looks like that only Cubes own brand (Acid) will fit it? The one she wants isn't cheap, £119 to be exact, but to be fair it has two side pockets and the top extends up to give a touch more space.

But just wondering if anyone had managed to fit another brand to that style/design of rack, if so, how?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A link to the bike would be good👍

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you're looking to save money might be an idea to junk the Cube one and fit another type that will take other bags. Financial savings may be small though.
Edit: After looking at pics of the rack and bike I can't see why other bags couldn't fit. I'm sure your purchasing retailer could advise.

Last edited:
From web pics , the rack has lower side bars for mounting bags below rack level. Apart from that it looks pretty standard. See if Ortleib/Rixen and Kaul mounts fit.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
If you're looking to save money might be an idea to junk the Cube one and fit another type that will take other bags. Financial savings may be small though.
Edit: After looking at pics of the rack and bike I can't see why other bags couldn't fit. I'm sure your purchasing retailer could advise.

The rack is integral to the bike and I'm pretty sure that it cannot be replaced with anything else.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
From web pics , the rack has lower side bars for mounting bags below rack level. Apart from that it looks pretty standard. See if Ortleib/Rixen and Kaul mounts fit.

Yes, Ortlieb panniers fit as I've already tried mine. It's a "bag" for the top part of the rack that I'm looking for that isn't Cubes own brand so may be a bit cheaper and possibly better?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
93433_0_1920x1920.png

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
I think that this is the rack in question?

@AlanW I think I know the answer here, Cube's Kathmandu range does have a built in rack but its only a mounting system for the 'rack top' that you posed in #8. Any rack top bag should be compatible with it. The picture below shows the built in bit (blue) with the rack top attached.

VH-C-631303-E-43690-970x970-2x.jpg

Edit - Posted early!

I meant to link to this bag as well, should attach on top ok using the velcro: https://carradice.co.uk/collections/rackbags/products/carradura-rackpack. Some other bags I've seen use clips rather than velcro.

Edit 2 -

I was looking at something else yesterday and found this company in Germany that has various quick-clip systems. I haven't doen any pricing research on them yet though: https://klickfix.com/en/products?tx...er]=32&cHash=13ded0900a756040461b0cbd39b06587

Last edited:
Thats the exact sort of thing Im looking for and more than half the price of Cubes own brand one, thanks for the link!

No probs. A friend of mine has that one and she's very happy with it, I have a far cheaper no brand name one which is ok but I wish I had the Carradice!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Here you go - https://www.cube.eu/uk-en/cube-kath...lver-n-black/42f81cd7fec3196bd55e1cd76278baa5

But I wouldn't expect anyone else other than someone else that owned a Kathmandu to know, which is why I didn't post a link to the bike in question.

The acid bags has a quick release system (a bit similar to how rixen and kaul have "klickfix" handlebar mounts) so the rear rack bag will click on and off easy. You will clearly be able to velcro / buckle, a.n.other brand rack bag to the rack, but the penalty for your penny-pinching will be no quick release facility.

So it rather depends on whether Mrs lanW values the quick release functionality in her rack bags........

All uphill

Still rolling along
Ms AU has a Kathmandu.

She uses my Carradice panniers and any of the rack top bags we have. The only possible difficulty is that the Cube rack rails are thicker than, say, a Tubus rack.

St John St Cycles sell deeper hooks to get over this, if it is a problem.

Top Bottom