Cube Peloton SL carbon seatpost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Looking at getting a new ride on the C2W scheme and had a sudden thought this morning- some of the bikes I'm considering (the Defy 1 and 0) both have a carbon seat post so I can't use my clamp on saddle bag luggage system should I use the bike to go to work.

Does anyone know if the Cube Peloton range has a carbon post?
I've checked their information on their site and it just comes back with- SEAT POST: CUBE Performance Post, 31.6mm
None of the reviews I've read mention what the seatpost is made from and may be a bit of a show stopper if I can't use my cycle to work bike to cycle to work.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Pretty certain it will be aluminium. If you look at the more expensive bikes they actually say carbon.

Hopefully someone who actually owns one will be along shortly to confirm though.

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Carbon is such a snob material you can rest assured they would have mentioned it in big bold letters. My money is on alu.
That's true- Trek and Giant both make sure it's mentioned- there can't be many people going around saying 'I'll only buy your £1k bike if it hasn't got a carbon seatpost'

mynydd

Veteran
Yes, I've just bought a peloton sl on the c2w, great bike. It does have an aluminium seat post.

But why can't you use your set up on a carbon post? My Tricross has a carbon (coated) post, and I use a seat post clamp rack on it with no problems. I use a bit of old innertube to protect the post.

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Yes, I've just bought a peloton sl on the c2w, great bike. It does have an aluminium seat post.

But why can't you use your set up on a carbon post? My Tricross has a carbon (coated) post, and I use a seat post clamp rack on it with no problems. I use a bit of old innertube to protect the post.

Thanks for the info- I use one of these, which has a vice like grip on the tube, to carry my stuff to work and can't be used on a carbon post or any post which isn't round.
topeak-dynapack-seatpost-bag-39267.jpg

U

User6179

CUBE Performance Post on my Agree GTC is aluminium , cant see the peloton being carbon .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Defo would not be keen on attaching anything like that to a carbon seat post. The cube I looked at last year for grand was defo alu.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks for the info- I use one of these, which has a vice like grip on the tube, to carry my stuff to work and can't be used on a carbon post or any post which isn't round.
View attachment 76873
What the hell are you taking to work ! A small child ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
glad I wittled down my carry on bike kit over the last year, for the commute I can shove everything in my jersey pockets, although might revert back to a small seat pack again for summer bike. Hate stuff ratling on bike.

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

glad I wittled down my carry on bike kit over the last year, for the commute I can shove everything in my jersey pockets, although might revert back to a small seat pack again for summer bike. Hate stuff ratling on bike.
I have to admit- it's mainly my lunch!! Things like clothing/ swipe card etc. I could get away with leaving at work, however the bike was bought under the guise of 'oh I won't drive to work as often so that will save some money' so I would feel a touch guilty then popping into town for a £4 meal deal.

mynydd

Veteran
image.jpg As mentioned above, I've clamped my bags to my carbon post for well over a year. As you can see they're fairly big, I use old innertube to protect the post, no sign of damage at all ( the post is only carbon coated, not sure that makes a difference though)

Top Bottom