Cube Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldcoast

Has anyone got any of the cube 2016 road bikes, what's the sizing like?

Owning a couple of the cube agrees since 2010 I was aware that when it came to sizing they came up a bit smaller and it was recommend the next frame size up then you may have normally chosen with another brand.

In the process of ordering a new bike and have heard that Cube have slightly changed their sizing to more align with other brands. Has anyone heard this or can confirm this?

Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Check the geometry but usually you need to go a size or two

Or buy in store rather than online after a testride?

OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

I've been looking for the geometry for a cube agree pro 2010 so that I can compare it to the 2016 model but haven't had luck finding it anywhere online.

The plan is to test ride but most shops don't have them in stock and those who might have the size are a considerable distance away.

al3xsh

Über Member
My cube attain sl disc came in at the same size I tried in other bikes - in fact the bike shop had to order in a smaller size as I had gone for one that was too big!

The guys in the shop said that historically the Agree had been the cause of that reputation, but that the sizing was pretty standard now.

Cheers,

A

vickster

Legendary Member
Emailed them this morning, still waiting to hear back. I just for I would ask on hear in the meantime.

Cheers
Can you not measure your current bike and compare to the 2016? Effective top tube and standover height are usually the important measures

L2XE

Regular
I've just cut a Cube Cross Race. it's a cyclo-cross bike so my experience may not be pertinent. I got a 59" and needed the same in all other bikes I tried. For what it's worth I'm 6ft 2, 34" inside leg.

OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

My cube attain sl disc came in at the same size I tried in other bikes - in fact the bike shop had to order in a smaller size as I had gone for one that was too big!

The guys in the shop said that historically the Agree had been the cause of that reputation, but that the sizing was pretty standard now.

Cheers,

A

Thanks al3xsh, that sounds like what I was told. How you getting on with attain?

U

User6179

The 2016 model 56cm is bigger than the 2014 58cm model , depending on the stem length and handlebars I personally might need a 54cm Cube now , currently have a 58cm .

2014 Cube Agree GTC 58cm - horizontal top tube measures 555 cm
2016 Cube Agree GTC 56cm - horizontal top tube measures 560cm

D

Deleted member 23692

I've been looking for the geometry for a cube agree pro 2010 so that I can compare it to the 2016 model but haven't had luck finding it anywhere online.
2010 Agree Pro you say? here you go http://www.2010.cuberussia.ru/models-agree_pro_2010/

It's in Russian but you'll soon pick up the lingo :smile:

I think their odd sizing is a thing of the past as I have 58cm 2011 Peloton and a 56cm 2015 SL Road Race, and they are [within a few mm] the same geometry

al3xsh

Über Member
Thanks al3xsh, that sounds like what I was told. How you getting on with attain?

Massively enjoyed the first couple of rides (only picked it up Monday!). It climbs really well, and seems lovely and responsive!

If it helps, I'm 6ft and the 58 was too big, but the 56 is perfect.

Cheers (and sorry to hear about the bike :angry: ),

A

OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

Top Bottom