Current state of our roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Part of me thinks bollox, leave em as they are. On back roads in particular, road use by vehicles goes up as soon as a road is resurfaced.

On main roads, I'm not that bothered as I don't use them much on my bike.

Big Nick

The B roads in North Yorks are mostly is a shocking state with massive great ruts running down the centre of each lane
I would normally report bad road defects but to be honest there's that many where do you start!?!?

classic33

Leg End Member
Utility companies have a legal obligation to reinstate the road surface to an acceptable standard. That standard is set by the state of the road that they never touched.
The problem lies in the fact that its the councils responsibility to ensure that they do so. Fines can be issued, or the council can make good the road surface and charge the company that failed to do so.
In this time of money being tight, you'd think councils would be only to willing to issue such fines. They have after all agreed that the company must reinstate the road surface, when permission was given for the work to go ahead.

Blurb

Über Member
I would normally report bad road defects but to be honest there's that many where do you start!?!?
I reported 6 separate minor potholes in my road and the council came along and have marked at least double that for repair, so maybe at a certain level it triggers a more thorough tidy up.
It's a never ending battle, but it's worth trying a mini purge of reports and see what happens.

Top Bottom