Custom Amazon Prime Video subtitles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just discovered something which may be of interest to some of you...

I have a super duper new TV which can go very bright and was watching a film last night which had a lot of subtitles. The film was in UHD/HDR and the subtitles were horribly bright. I found out that by going to https://amazon.co.uk/cc I could customise subtitles for myself and those settings will apply on all of my registered devices.

I turned down the brightness, changed the font type and size, removed the text background panel, and set a subtle border for each character. You could also change the font colour but I stuck with white.

The subtitles look a lot better now and I won't have to adjust them every time.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I just discovered something which may be of interest to some of you...

I have a super duper new TV which can go very bright and was watching a film last night which had a lot of subtitles. The film was in UHD/HDR and the subtitles were horribly bright. I found out that by going to https://amazon.co.uk/cc I could customise subtitles for myself and those settings will apply on all of my registered devices.

I turned down the brightness, changed the font type and size, removed the text background panel, and set a subtle border for each character. You could also change the font colour but I stuck with white.

The subtitles look a lot better now and I won't have to adjust them every time.

I'm not understanding the Amazon connection tbh.

Dadam

My autistic son has subtitles on everything he watches now, he's a very good reader but I guess sometimes struggles to parse the spoken word. Because of this we've got used to having subtitles on. I must say in some series the dialogue can be really indistinct in parts so it does help.
I do sometimes turn them off if they get annoying (and son isn't watching)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A good tip, thanks. I'm too lazy to read subtitles though, I usually turn on english dubbing if it's available

We find that most Hollywood movies are a nightmare to listen to.

American actors seem to talk very fast plus the sound is not optimised for the small screen.

Despite faffing about with the TV audio settings some speech is incomprehensible.

Subtitles are a blessing even for those with (age adjusted) decent hearing.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We find that most Hollywood movies are a nightmare to listen to.

American actors seem to talk very fast plus the sound is not optimised for the small screen.

Despite faffing about with the TV audio settings some speech is incomprehensible.

Subtitles are a blessing even for those with (age adjusted) decent hearing.

I see where you are coming from. Do you have a centre speaker? That's probably going to be our next purchase

Top Bottom