Amazon brand store question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone know how brand stores work on amazon? Are these brand stores like ebay stores where its actually run by the brand or is it just amazon selling the brand? I saw a product on a particular brand store but everything was sold by and fulfilled by amazon.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It'll depend on the store in question; some will be fulfilled by the operator, some by Amazon and others by a third-party drop-shipper. I run eBay and Amazon stores, although sell little via Amazon, but fulfil sales myself. Amazon does push heavily moves for store operators to fulfil via Amazon, and appears to give preference to that route.

tom73

Guru
Some are some are not. I had an issue once buying via a brands amazon store. Even though it was clear it was sold and fulfilled by the retailer. When I needed to return it under guarantee they repeatedly refused to deal with it. Amazon even confirmed it was nothing to do with them as it was all done via the seller. We explained they kept saying it was down to them in the end they agreed to take it back and sort it out with the retailer.

Jameshow

Veteran
It'll depend on the store in question; some will be fulfilled by the operator, some by Amazon and others by a third-party drop-shipper. I run eBay and Amazon stores, although sell little via Amazon, but fulfil sales myself. Amazon does push heavily moves for store operators to fulfil via Amazon, and appears to give preference to that route.

What do you sell bike parts?! 🤣

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran

The one I looked at was the filofax store as tagged via a link under a product heading on a page is found through a search on amazon. The link went to a lot of stock selling as new but at least 30% less than the filofax ecommerce site. When you look at the sold by / fullfilled by both were Amazon. That makes me think it's misleading to call it the filofax store through the link.

No matter really as I bought something from this site but I'd prefer it to be clear or at least a help page that's easy to find that explains it.

In some ways ebay is better in this. You go to a seller's storefront and it is them. I don't think they allow anyone ti operate as a recognised brand when they are not.

Top Bottom