Detective/Forensics Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm working on a story, nothing serious, just to see if I have a stamina and capability to write a long story, and to be honest I'm working on the till at work and it can be pretty boring.

I'm working on a scenario involving a firearm, and one piece of information is two matching bullets, in the sense that it becomes clear the same gun was used to shoot at two different people.

Being European I've never seen, let alone handled a genuine firearm, and I'm not even sure what search terms to use so I've got a few questions.

If you have two bullets from the same gun, can you tell the calibre?

How easy is this if the bullet hits a solid object like a wall at speed?

classic33

Leg End Member

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm working on a story, nothing serious, just to see if I have a stamina and capability to write a long story, and to be honest I'm working on the till at work and it can be pretty boring.

I'm working on a scenario involving a firearm, and one piece of information is two matching bullets, in the sense that it becomes clear the same gun was used to shoot at two different people.

Being European I've never seen, let alone handled a genuine firearm, and I'm not even sure what search terms to use so I've got a few questions.

using what i recall from watching cop shows on the telly... I'd say yes on both counts. Forget reality. It is fiction after all. :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't handle rounds bare handed. Even if you wipe them clean they can still get a lift off the brass as the grease in your fingerprint etches the surface. Google Dr John Bond for more info.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Writing a story? Yeah right, whatever.

Come on fess up, you've whacked someone and you want help with destroying the evidence.

Top Bottom