CVRCade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not much info out there yet, but beta is rumoured to be released 1st Dec 2018. Seems to be Zwift esqu but with focus on racing. Rumour is it's free, but then there is the obvious question of how they will make money out of users.

The small amount of info to date suggests you can have closed races for your 'team', the software simulates wind and hence eschelons.

CVR are one of the biggest race teams on Zwift so will be interesting to see how Zwift racing progresses once this new piece of software is released.

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
<gas>

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Aahhh I see, a virtual eSports type thingy, looks good
Not much info yet, but could be Zwift-esque in style, but with an emphasis on racing. Rumours are it's free, but you can buy addons. I've signed up so if/when anything else gets released or there is a beta to look at I'll post some screen shots.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

First screenshots looked weird. Later ones look more like it. I've signed up for the Beta as well.
yeah, the second lot of screenshots look better .... but only relative to the first. Still quite poor graphics compared to what can be done in modern games. Not sure yet if it will end up being style over substance, but happy to give the beta a go when it comes out and see how they compare. The real interest is the ability to create groups and private races if we just wanted a CCer set of races. Staying open minded until something comes out.

Norry1

Legendary Member
yeah, the second lot of screenshots look better .... but only relative to the first. Still quite poor graphics compared to what can be done in modern games. Not sure yet if it will end up being style over substance, but happy to give the beta a go when it comes out and see how they compare. The real interest is the ability to create groups and private races if we just wanted a CCer set of races. Staying open minded until something comes out.

Yep, likewise. I like the pretty graphics but a better race setup might be a winner.

CXRAndy

Guru
I really like Zwift's racing. The only gripe is being able to see other Cyclechat riders on course. Maybe this could be done via the Zwift app.

Lots of riders to race against over quite a few different courses now

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

I really like Zwift's racing. The only gripe is being able to see other Cyclechat riders on course. Maybe this could be done via the Zwift app.

Lots of riders to race against over quite a few different courses now
I have 2 gripes with Zwift, neither major but would be great if they could be included in future ... one is the sticky draft. The numbers of times my avatar drops from say 15 to 12 kph because I get sucked into a draft I don't want, whilst others fly past, is so annoying. The other is being able to search for other riders - no search functionality anywhere so you can only follow people if you happen to join them in a ride.

I'm happy with the racing too, but would be interesting to see what this new app throws up that isn't already available in Zwift.

CXRAndy

Guru
The other is being able to search for other riders - no search functionality anywhere so you can only follow people if you happen to join them in a ride

That is annoying, searching for a rider to actually watch on screen is poor, If tbey had some buddy/followers connection, you could just select that rider from a list, bingo watching them race live .

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I dislike having to exit the sim and go back in to change courses / 'Worlds'. Just having an option to only display riders I'm following would be helpful as well

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
DCR was not impressed by his experience

8) Remember what made Zwift popular: Sure, Zwift had/has money to throw at things, but one of the key things that drove people to Zwift initially over Bkool was the graphics. Back in the day, the Bkool graphics was blah at best (now it’s better). CVRcade graphics are horrible compared to what Bkool offered then. I’ve said it a hundred times before: Ugly apps don’t win. Confusing UI apps don’t win. Nobody wants to use something that’s both confusing and ugly.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/01/cvrcade-trainer-adventure.html

Edit to add

Just seen this :laugh:

Top Bottom