CVRCade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
DCR was not impressed by his experience

8) Remember what made Zwift popular: Sure, Zwift had/has money to throw at things, but one of the key things that drove people to Zwift initially over Bkool was the graphics. Back in the day, the Bkool graphics was blah at best (now it’s better). CVRcade graphics are horrible compared to what Bkool offered then. I’ve said it a hundred times before: Ugly apps don’t win. Confusing UI apps don’t win. Nobody wants to use something that’s both confusing and ugly.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/01/cvrcade-trainer-adventure.html

Edit to add

Just seen this :laugh:

Its too late now, Zwift has captured the market. It has the biggest user share and offers a great overall platform. Its like Android, unless a new platform offers as good an experience for free, it will not persuade Zwift users to migrate. Having poor graphics at the start is a major boob

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
DCR was not impressed by his experience

8) Remember what made Zwift popular: Sure, Zwift had/has money to throw at things, but one of the key things that drove people to Zwift initially over Bkool was the graphics. Back in the day, the Bkool graphics was blah at best (now it’s better). CVRcade graphics are horrible compared to what Bkool offered then. I’ve said it a hundred times before: Ugly apps don’t win. Confusing UI apps don’t win. Nobody wants to use something that’s both confusing and ugly.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/01/cvrcade-trainer-adventure.html

Edit to add

Just seen this :laugh:

I saw the review too. Must admit, I'd forgot about this until last week. When they first started to push the idea of the Beta there was a promise of being in the Beta etc, but seems loads of people were ignored. Finally got my link to download the Beta last week but by then others had already reported on it and, to be honest, it didn't seem worth my while downloading and trying it out.

Sounds too gimmicky. DC even suggests you don't get to 'ride' a bike avatar (you only have a motobike thing) unless you pay. This concept of a 'home' world seems a bit strange too - especially as soon as you hit 24kph you are automatically taken to another world. How frustrating will that be?

I thought it might give a platform to allow closed club races, but as Zwift are moving that way anyway then might be better t wait for that.

Porcia

Been in the Beta now for a couple of weeks, seems not many on in Europe and had several issues, it crashes a lot and the ping time to the server can be as High as 1000ms which make it unresponsive. they have updated twice this week which takes time, also had my avatar doing 50kph whiled not even peddling.
Looked into a couple of other Zwift competitors VirtuGo and Road Grand Tours both of which only work on smart trainers with power meters.
If your looking for free trainer then Maximum Trainer is my goto turbo training program.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Is this still going? Not heard anything lately. Anyone here try it?
I think there was a beta but all I've read on FB is negativity. Completely trashed by everyone. didn't install it myself . I think it's died w death!

Top Bottom