CX/bikepacking build for discussion

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by baboonst, 14 Sep 2017.

1. baboonst

baboonst Regular

Hello,
    I have come up with such a build for my CX / bikepacking bike, I will use it for some road / off road fun and long distance/ few week touring. I was thinking about going for some MTB but I am more into road bikes. ok so here it goes, any help is welcome and mind that it's is my first attempt to build something

frame : Cinelli Zydeco
    groupset SRAM Force 1 / CX1 groupset - 42 t crank 11-32 - casette OR 10-42 casette
    brakes: SRAM Force 1 / 22 brakes
    wheels : HUNT 4Season Gravel Disc wheelset
    tyres: Panaracer Gravelking tyres ( 38-584)
    handlebar: FIZIK Cyrano handlebar R3 chameleon
    stem: FIZIK Cyrano stem R1
    seatpost: FIZIK Cyrano seatpost R3

Thank You !

2. S-Express

S-Express Guest

Zydeco frame is comparatively expensive for what it is - I'd look at something like the Planet X XLA frameset

3. OP
    OP
    baboonst

baboonst Regular

This is the only part that I have already bought... ;) got it new for 400 euros - I think it was a great bargain !

Tin Pot likes this.
  4. MichaelW2

MichaelW2 Über Member

The wheels are spoked 28/28. Given the greater loading on the rear, custom builds can feature more spokes where they are required.

5. OP
    OP
    baboonst

baboonst Regular

How about the gearing ? I mean is 1x11 good for climbs and descents ? 42 t front and 42 rear will be enough ? I was thinking of going for 50/34 front and 11-36 rear too - it seems to be more versatile, Am I right ?

6. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Hey, where did you get that? Best I can see is the frameset €499 at Salden.nl or £435 at the circumspect bicyclehero.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice