CX/bikepacking build for discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baboonst

Regular
Hello,
I have come up with such a build for my CX / bikepacking bike, I will use it for some road / off road fun and long distance/ few week touring. I was thinking about going for some MTB but I am more into road bikes. ok so here it goes, any help is welcome and mind that it's is my first attempt to build something

frame : Cinelli Zydeco
groupset SRAM Force 1 / CX1 groupset - 42 t crank 11-32 - casette OR 10-42 casette
brakes: SRAM Force 1 / 22 brakes
wheels : HUNT 4Season Gravel Disc wheelset
tyres: Panaracer Gravelking tyres ( 38-584)
handlebar: FIZIK Cyrano handlebar R3 chameleon
stem: FIZIK Cyrano stem R1
seatpost: FIZIK Cyrano seatpost R3

Thank You !

S-Express

Zydeco frame is comparatively expensive for what it is - I'd look at something like the Planet X XLA frameset

OP
OP
baboonst

baboonst

Regular
This is the only part that I have already bought... ;) got it new for 400 euros - I think it was a great bargain !

The wheels are spoked 28/28. Given the greater loading on the rear, custom builds can feature more spokes where they are required.

OP
OP
baboonst

baboonst

Regular
How about the gearing ? I mean is 1x11 good for climbs and descents ? 42 t front and 42 rear will be enough ? I was thinking of going for 50/34 front and 11-36 rear too - it seems to be more versatile, Am I right ?

Tin Pot

Guru
This is the only part that I have already bought... ;) got it new for 400 euros - I think it was a great bargain !

Hey, where did you get that? Best I can see is the frameset €499 at Salden.nl or £435 at the circumspect bicyclehero.com

Top Bottom