Cycing Instagrammer Influencers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Happened upon a few of these on Insta, you know immaculate kit, new spangly bike, just washed hair and a picture/video of them cycling in a picturesque area/hill etc. Occupation, media creation, health and fitness yadda yadda.

Came across one today, followed by a mate, but the location got me - it was LOCAL. Post was 'great day gravel riding' - looked at the tags and recognised one of the shot locations, but not the others. Anyway, poster's threads are full of great shots, immaculate kit, nice loations and some of it local. Must check this out for routes I thought.

Hmmm, you aren't riding gravel round 'ere without getting covered in mud, dust, cow plop or all three.

Checked out their strava, linked in to their Insta, and indeed it was a local ride, except most was tarmac, with a little bit on the bridleway I know in one of the shots. The ones I didn't recognise looked like they were great locations.... so I checked... minor diversions on strava for that great bit of gravel, that actually didn't go anywhere. Argh, so my local knowledge wasn't wrong.

What's even better is they maybe ride once a week only when it's nice. Another insta post was more immaculate kit, titled 'great to commute to work', brand new bag etc etc. Erm looking at strava you don't commute.

Total bunch of liars. Just there for the linked advertising, some free kit (that I've never heard of the manufacturer) etc etc.

My mate that follows the account is a prolific instagrammer, but it's just him riding with mates, and full of coffee stops - he does 60 plus miles every day in Belgium. He's not always immaulately turned out, and looks down right ed up half the time ! :blink:

Grumble grumble, influencers eh.

I did find a coffee roasters/shop that I didn't know about, so positive there.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
As soon s the word Influencer gets mentioned. I switch off.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Look at “Cycling over 60”. It is I think American based but world wide membership.
Not advertising but the photos all have a certain similarity and all immaculately turned out. Weird.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I reckon I could clean up, with my online persona and social media presence. I'm already big on you tube don'tcha know? Check out my channel.....

My 'keep it real' gritty, down to earth character is just what the world is waiting for. A big dose of reality?

Jameshow

Veteran
I used to like Katie kookaburra but then she got more and more sponsored / hanging out with celeb cyclists that I couldn't watch it any more!!

Top Bottom