Cycle buddy or club required near Stepps/Gartcosh areas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Im new to road cycling and looking for a club or a buddy to go out cycling with around the Stepps/Gartcosh/Cumbernauld/Glasgow areas or thereabouts. Ive signed up to do the 3 cities challenge next May so starting to build up my training just now. If anyone is interested then get in touch. I did contact a local club but got no reply. So much better to go out in a group or in a pair, especially in the winter.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hi Nicola, and :welcome: from just down the road in Dennistoun.

I don't know much about the local clubs, but there's a couple of meetup groups that you might be interested in:

Glasgow Road Cycling Meetup - variety of rides in distance and speed posted on an irregular basis. Not much activity over the winter.

Belles on Bikes - run in part by our very own @Pat "5mph". Very socially oriented it seems, with lots of rides for beginners.

Of course, we also run our own cyclechat rides every now and then. The next one is in a couple of weeks time.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Im new to road cycling and looking for a club or a buddy to go out cycling with around the Stepps/Gartcosh/Cumbernauld/Glasgow areas or thereabouts. Ive signed up to do the 3 cities challenge next May so starting to build up my training just now. If anyone is interested then get in touch. I did contact a local club but got no reply. So much better to go out in a group or in a pair, especially in the winter.
Hi Nicola, and welcome to CC!
As Rasmus said, join and post a message on the Belles and the Glasgow Road cycling meetup groups and keep an eye on the CC Ecosse meetings.
Plenty of members your way.
Lots of fun and cake stops, steep hills optional (mostly) :laugh:

Gando

Hi Nicola I am in stepps, started cycling last year, I'm pretty rubbish, what sort of distance do u normally do?

Top Bottom