Cycle Clothing Outer Hebrides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You'll be lucky. Mr Google tells me there's a thrift shop though.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3

Stephenite

Membå
Reminds me of the time in my teens when a climbing buddy asked if i fancied a trip to the Cairngorms. When?, I asked. In about half an hour, he answered. I was living in a commune and i owned, basically, nowt but the clothes i stood up in. We had a fantastic unexpected adventure for a week during which i just ponced about in an 'Oxfam' flight jacket and long johns.

You/one can make do.

It turned out my mate's driver/mate was in the RAF and was called up to Aviemore for summat or other. His windscreen wipers weren't working, and he needed a passenger with long arms to operate them manually. :smile:

Bin bags work wonders as emergency ponchos.

iluvmybike

Über Member
It's August, how cold can it be? (Says the guy who got snowed on at the top of Ben Nevis on Thursday morning!) :laugh:

:laugh:On the Outer Isles it can be winter, spring summer or autumn - all in the same day! It is often windy too which makes it feel colder.
Emergency binbag purchase required!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We got caught on the top of Pendle Hill in a hailstorm last Friday. I've used full winter wet weather gear on a ride from Ullapool to Inverness in July! 🤣

I was supposed to be walking up Ben Nevis with my family at the end of May in 2011 but called off the walk after checking the weather forecast. There was some dissent from family members who didn't believe that it would be that bad at that time of year. Unfortunately, it was - TRAGIC OUTCOME when 2 French lads walked up... :sad:

I once got caught in freezing rain in a freak storm on Widdop Rd on a hot sunny day in mid-summer. I went from being very sweaty to shaking with cold in less than 30 seconds!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Currently on Benbecula and realised I've come away without a Gilet or long sleeve top/jacket.

Anyone know of any local shops in the Uist Islands that do cycle Clothing?

There used to be a shop on South Uist just before the causeway to Benbecula which sold outdoor clothing but probably not cycling specific. Cannot remember the name since it is some years since I did business with them. There was also a cycle hire and repair business at I think Howmore run by the local postman but again my memory is rusty.

Top Bottom