Cycle computer or watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dreamer21

i have a garmin 735xt and I love it it records my rides and runs and uploads to strava with ease I don't need sat nav is there any need for me to get a garmin cycle computer I can buy the sensors and connect them to garmin watch so what's the real need for a computer?

snorri

Legendary Member
A computer is handy although there is no real need, if you don't have a garmin 735, or sat nav, or gps or a garmin watch and don't do Strava.
There are lots of us about^_^.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Do you mount your watch to your handlebars? I know some adapters are available, my concern would be when riding in winter with gloves and LS on not being able to see your stats.
Depends on your intended purpose really- I love knowing all about my ride as it takes place rather than just looking back on Strava after (which I do as well, lol).

OP
OP
D

Dreamer21

I've been riding this winter and been using my thick winter gloves just leavening enough gap to see my watch and I can see everything fine and I mean everything plus love that I can start the watch with my gloves on no faffing about with touch screens. Is there any thing the computer shows that would i should just take the plunge and buy it?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
i have a garmin 735xt and I love it it records my rides and runs and uploads to strava with ease I don't need sat nav is there any need for me to get a garmin cycle computer I can buy the sensors and connect them to garmin watch so what's the real need for a computer?

Seems like you've got it covered, no need for anything else. That's a good bit of gear right there.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
With your watch, you can connect it up to Ant+ speed and cadence sensors, so the only thing you would be missing is mapping. A Edge cycle computer should last an easy 9-10 hours, can your watch? Obviously if you mount your watch on the handle bars you lose the Heart Rate tracking, but I find that a bit iffy on a bike anyway.

OP
OP
D

Dreamer21

With your watch, you can connect it up to Ant+ speed and cadence sensors, so the only thing you would be missing is mapping. A Edge cycle computer should last an easy 9-10 hours, can your watch? Obviously if you mount your watch on the handle bars you lose the Heart Rate tracking, but I find that a bit iffy on a bike anyway.

It's not to bad with the hr as you can where the belt I find I can use the watch for about 2 days before having to charge it again but that's tracking 6hrs, a commute in the morning lunch time ride and home commute

Top Bottom