Cycle crank shortener

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poppy123

Can anyone help me, my father in law, is looking for a cycle crank shortener, he has bad knees and is looking for this to get back on a bike, is there anyone in the UK who has knowledge of this?

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Can anyone help me, my father in law, is looking for a cycle crank shortener, he has bad knees and is looking for this to get back on a bike, is there anyone in the UK who has knowledge of this?
I've been thinking about getting some as well. I found 2 options:
Highpath Engineering (who may not be able to supply any at the moment as the business is changing hands - check the website)

SJS Cycles

It is possible to have a new hole drilled in some types of crank, but it depends on the crank and how much shorter he wants it to be. Again, Highpath may be able to help.

Sharky

Guru
I've had two pairs of cranks re-drilled down to 150mm from 170mm, by Highpath and they did a good job. Cranks need to be solid and not fluted.

I also bought two pairs of SINZ cranks - lengths 145 and 150mm. These are square taper cranks and are very solid. Unfortunately SINZ cranks have mostly been discontinued. But you can find some on ebay.

Another range that offers short cranks is Promax http://www.promaxcomponents.com/products/sq-1-crank-arms/

Not sure if these can take double rings - cant see from the pictures.

Good luck

Keith

Top Bottom