cycle hero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Some people are only happy when they have something to moan about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I loved the bit where WVM said that cyclists were 'getting more aggressive' and that some had kicked and thumped the side of his van....

Maybe he should stop and ask why they did that !

I particularly like this quote from a van driver:
I've had cyclists kicking the side of my van and shouting unrepeatable things at me. Some of them think they own the roads - roads that we motorists pay for through our road tax.

Who knows, maybe there is a reason why cyclists have felt the need to make their presence felt :eek: :tongue:

Oh and I won't even start on the whole road tax thing :blush: :laugh: :tongue:

OP
OP
S

sykes

goo_mason said:
I loved the bit where WVM said that cyclists were 'getting more aggressive' and that some had kicked and thumped the side of his van....

Maybe he should stop and ask why they did that !

steady on that would require them to do some thinking and steal valuable time from whistling at blondes! :eek:

Brock

I think the 'cycle hero' advert is atrocious. It will probably just reinforce the general non cycling populace's view that cyclists are weirdos. Nice flash of that birds arse on the extended version though :eek:
Complete waste of money, shame.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
It has got to be worth a try, but I don't see it getting people out of their cars, they are far to lazy...

OP
OP
S

sykes

spen666 said:
sykes said:
Here's an article on the bbc web site about the new CTC ad.
Not too bad but as usual mentions red light jumping! And RLJers still say it does not effect peoples opinion of us???
hmmmm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6900694.stm

Effect or affect?

Pedantic persons please clarify

oops i must have posted on the wrong forum thought this was a cycle forum not a grammar forum my apologies.

Surprised you've not pulled me up on the over use of question marks!

will try better next time.

oh are you a RLJer by any chance? :tongue:

spen666

Legendary Member
sykes said:
spen666 said:
sykes said:
Here's an article on the bbc web site about the new CTC ad.
Not too bad but as usual mentions red light jumping! And RLJers still say it does not effect peoples opinion of us???
hmmmm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6900694.stm

Effect or affect?

Pedantic persons please clarify

oops i must have posted on the wrong forum thought this was a cycle forum not a grammar forum my apologies.

Surprised you've not pulled me up on the over use of question marks!

will try better next time.

oh are you a RLJer by any chance? :tongue:

I don't know which of the two is the correct one- hence the question

OP
OP
S

sykes

my appolegies :tongue: sounded like a dig long day and all that!
looking into it think it should have been affect.

The ad is interesting from the point of what it stands for - what it's trying to achieve. Full marks for ambition, anyway. Not sure too many viewers will identify with the central figure as any kind of 'typical' cyclist though!

beanzontoast said:
The ad is interesting from the point of what it stands for - what it's trying to achieve. Full marks for ambition, anyway. Not sure too many viewers will identify with the central figure as any kind of 'typical' cyclist though!

The question as to whether the add/film was good, bad or indifferent was discussed in great detail (and with a certain amount of 'spirit') on the CTC forum. I don't think that the film is aimed at Cyclists particularly, more likely target are the people who have a bike stuck away, not being used. Comments (some quite strong ones) were made regarding the depiction of 'oddballs, nutters, gratuitous sex symbols (CTC ... some of em :?:smile: with few posters realising how the non Cyclist public some times see Cyclists. I don't know about anywhere else but I see several characters each day in the Lincoln area who could have come straight off that film set (yeah I know Lincoln/Lincolnshire ... :tongue: ) hells teeth I might be one :smile: . Anyway I only put the link here so that if anyone had not seen the film they had the chance ... and I also think that for a first attempt it was pretty good :biggrin: .

Top Bottom