Cycle Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hub223

hello,

I'm right at the planning stage for my cycle holiday that i will be taking in the next 2 or 3 years. I am planning to cycle from Prudhoe Bay to Anchorage and then from Anchorage to Jasper then on to Banff, and probably a lot of stops in between.

Anchorage to Banff would be my "second stage" of this trip. second stage of many, hopefully.

From what I seen it looks like it quite easy to cycle from Prudhoe Bay to Anchorage, easy as in, the routes/roads look quite good and straight forward to navigate. However, to route/roads from Anchorage to Banff look like a whole new ball game. Does anyone how if this is possible to cycle without going on to the motorway/highway?

And, yes, I've check google maps.

Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This is a UK based forum so very much doubt you'll get an answer to your question. But you never know.
In the meantime check out Crazyguyonabike website and do a search for your route.

HelenD123

Guru
The only bit I can help with is Jasper to Banff. You'll have a stunning ride along the Icefields Parkway. There's a wide shoulder all the way. There are a couple of big passes but you should be fit by then (or exhausted!).

Top Bottom