cycle insurance for overseas trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if I change my house contents insurance to Saga I'll save about £400 a year. The cover for the bikes is as good as my present insurer except......they won't be covered if we take them to France.

Is it possible to find travel insurance that covers bikes? The two bikes combined have a replacement value of about £9,000

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Don't know if this is of any help?

EDIT: Scroll down a little for UK insurers

I've got building & contents plus seven specified bikes (total value £9k, highest single one £3k) with AXA, all risks (including Europe) £60 per month.
I claimed £600 for a new frame a few years ago after the garage door blew shut and dented the top tube, they paid out on an e mail explaining what happened and a photo of the damage.
They also don't require any specific security, just that you've taken 'reasonable care'.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
if I change my house contents insurance to Saga I'll save about £400 a year. The cover for the bikes is as good as my present insurer except......they won't be covered if we take them to France.

Is it possible to find travel insurance that covers bikes? The two bikes combined have a replacement value of about £9,000
I think the problem may be the high value of the bikes. I was told I had up to six weeks (I think) cover abroad thrown in for a total value of about £1200 with my saga household policy. The annual bike cover costs £21 extra without the crippling small print that most bike policies slip in.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Saga? I contacted them for quotes when I turned 50 expecting them to surprise me and they certainly did... Saga were MUCH MORE expensive than others like Swinton for household and travel insurance, they're taking the mickey out of more mature, careful customers.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
The insurers i work for allow bikes to be taken anywhere in the world and they are fully covered (same limitations apply abroad as they do here) and it just attaches to your normal buildings and contents cover. The only thing is any bikes over 2 years old will have a deduction made for wear and tear if you claim.

Top Bottom