Cycle insurance whilst out and about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
I choose to have third party (via LCC). The fact that they can afford to include it free within the modest membership fee shows how small the risk is. Whereas if you drive you may expect several claims in your lifetime on cycling the chance you get one claim is small. Indeed with the legal element of the cover even that is likely to disappear.

The chance of having a heavy severe injury claim is so small you would do better by betting you don't win the National Lottery.

Bike third party insurance is more for comfort of the mind than protection of the pocket. If you get other benefits or give benefit to others by supporting the CTC or LCC then IMHO it is worthwhile. Otherwise I don't find the need compelling.

Thanks. From their website:

• £10m third party insurance.
  • Bi-monthly CTC magazine ‘Cycle’
  • Weekly e-newsletter, CycleClips.
  • Discounts on cycling products on-line at the ctc shop by wiggle and in over 200 local cycle shops.
  • Cycling related legal advice.
  • Access to routes, events and advice through www.ctc.org.uk and www.ctc-maps.org.uk.
Do you know what "Cycling related legal advice" actually means? It doesn't sound like legal cover?

Bi-monthly? I thought it was quarterly (4 a year)...

Most people know,t hat the CTC Shop discounts are rubbish, its basically Wiggle, and the discount is on their RRP. But if you look at wiggle directly you get the same, sometimes MORE % if you go directly...

theboytaylor

Most people know,t hat the CTC Shop discounts are rubbish, its basically Wiggle, and the discount is on their RRP. But if you look at wiggle directly you get the same, sometimes MORE % if you go directly...

But show your membership card in Evans, Cycle Surgery or countless other bike shops and you'll get a reduction (usually on non-sale items only) of around 10% or so. Just bought a bike for my wife with racks, lights and guards and with my CTC discount the accessories were effectively free.

But show your membership card in Evans, Cycle Surgery or countless other bike shops and you'll get a reduction (usually on non-sale items only) of around 10% or so. Just bought a bike for my wife with racks, lights and guards and with my CTC discount the accessories were effectively free.

I do forget that sometimes, just don't have them shops around here.

Although my local LBS gives me 12.5% because of "club discount".

Although I recently got bike, rack, cages and bottles for around 18% discount - I am pretty sure even without the 12.5% I could have gotten nearish that 18% anyway - just need to ask ;)

Top Bottom