Cycle Jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Hiya Sophiestar...
I find in the long term you'll need more than one jacket.
The Altura Nevis is a fine jacket (not neccessarily the best, but we all base our views on what we have, or what we had). Even now, its too warm for the Nevis, mines been stowed away for next winter, where its been an ideal jacket for me.
Spring riding i use the Lusso HT50, a lighter jacket, fair weatherproofing, but on a mild day, even thats too warm if you push along a bit.

I think my Nevis is about 3 years old, used almost daily in the winter and although the colours gone a bit now and doubtless the waterproofing will be far less than perfect now, its still a useable jacket for commuting (where looks arent everything)

The Lusso's probably 4 years old and in much the same condition as the nevis, beyond its best, but still very useable. The Lusso has wrap around cuffs with velcro which allow a little cooling wind into the arms if you loosen them.

boselecta

I'm getting this Jacket but i'm not sure how good it will be, but i think it looks good and its waterproof and high viz which is a bonus. and i have also found it on FatBirds.com for £29.99

hopes this helps, also if anyone knows if this is any good let me know.

Nip into TKMaxx

They have lots of windproofs and waterproofs (not always cycle specific) for silly prices.

I bought an Adidas Goretex Paclite jacket, ideal for the bike for £30!

JDP

Andiamo
I use an Altura Kinetic (which was about £55) which is lighter than the Night Vision / Evo but still warm and totally waterproof so far. Pockets are handy as well.

Top Bottom