Cycle jerseys for the tall man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I bought a Torm long sleeve jersey recently and it seems pretty long in the body. Worth giving them a call to ask about garment length.

https://www.torm.cc/

GetFatty

Über Member
I'm 6'6 and unless they've changed in the last couple of years Cycology made what even they referred to as race jerseys so that even though the Jersey fit me, by the time I was out of breath tge zip would pull apart. I discussed it with them and they were very good (full refund) but we decided their kit wasn't for me

I now use quirky jerseys or summit different which so far have been excellent

Twilkes

Guru
I've also found length to be a problem, aside from the generally skinny sizing on stretchy jerseys - I'm 6ft5 and 34" inseam so long torso and probably at the top end of chest measurements too. Not sure if I'm trying the wrong style of jersey, trying to get something snug and lightweight, but it's depressing to order an XXXL and it be too short (technically it's probably long enough for riding a bike, but unless my body stays stock still or I get off and try to walk around or bend then it rises up to expose my pant moustache).

An Endura Pro SL short-sleeved XXL fitted around the chest but was not quite long enough - contacted Endura who do custom jerseys that you can order in a long version which gives an extra 5cm of length in the body (and 2.5cm in the arms) but minimum order of 5 and at £72 each I just can't justify that.

Will try a few Torm jerseys.

And yet the odd thing is that many many semi and pro riders are super tall, seems in fact that apart from the tiny Latino's the northern Europeans (especially the Dutch and Belgiums) are averagely 1.90m +++

Thinking about that it may well be worth having a look at some Dutch or Belgium cycling clothes suppliers if they are all the giants i believe they are.

Bioracer (the factory that suppliers Stolen Goat) are based in Belgium, worth a look.

Mind you whilst those guys are 1.90m they are also 65kgs:ohmy:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I feel your frustration. I'm 6'3", 33" inseam and 44" chest and I always seem to struggle to find a good fit, especially on long sleeved tops and tights. If you go too big, they're too baggy, if you go smaller they're too short. It doesn't help when you're also being advised to "go up a size", so I tend to go for XXL nowadays in most brands. I'm also in the spend as little as possible category so I've had plenty of different brands over the years, but they can even vary in the same brand. I have a Funkier top which is just about perfect, went and bought another one and it's a smaller fit. Good luck with your search, keep us informed if you find anything.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
And yet the odd thing is that many many semi and pro riders are super tall, seems in fact that apart from the tiny Latino's the northern Europeans (especially the Dutch and Belgiums) are averagely 1.90m +++

Thinking about that it may well be worth having a look at some Dutch or Belgium cycling clothes suppliers if they are all the giants i believe they are.

Bioracer (the factory that suppliers Stolen Goat) are based in Belgium, worth a look.

Mind you whilst those guys are 1.90m they are also 65kgs:ohmy:
Trouble is, they'll be getting them made to size, not off the shelf generally, can't say I've seen Froomey in Evans that often.

si_c

Guru
I'm a 6'5" with a 35" inseam, I can't get jerseys to work in under a 2XL generally speaking as they are too short at the back. Long sleeve jerseys are a no-go as the sleeves are always too short.

Twilkes

Guru
I feel your frustration. I'm 6'3", 33" inseam and 44" chest and I always seem to struggle to find a good fit, especially on long sleeved tops and tights. If you go too big, they're too baggy, if you go smaller they're too short. It doesn't help when you're also being advised to "go up a size", so I tend to go for XXL nowadays in most brands. I'm also in the spend as little as possible category so I've had plenty of different brands over the years, but they can even vary in the same brand. I have a Funkier top which is just about perfect, went and bought another one and it's a smaller fit. Good luck with your search, keep us informed if you find anything.

Ironically, my 'best' jersey so far has been a Mountain Warehouse bargain special - it's thicker material and it's loose but not really flappy, but it's big enough and does the job well, a bit too warm on a hot day maybe. They a selection of one jersey in three colours (three!) on their website now so I'm trying an L and XL to see how they fit, the material looks thinner and better quality than my current one too.

Also have a Santini Tono Flusso XXXL and a Sportful Bodyfit Team 2.0 Faster XXXL being delivered but I'm honestly not holding out much hope, no matter how many X's they have...

Twilkes

Guru
Gore and Pearl Izumi stuff always has really long arms!

You've just made someone very, very happy.

MrTickle.gif

Twilkes

Guru
Okay I've got two jerseys that fit, a Torm T17 short sleeve/full length zip in XL, and a Santini Tono Flusso short sleeve/full length zip in XXXL. I'm assuming that all jerseys in those sizes from those brands would also fit me, although Torm do say that their half length zip jerseys fit more snugly so I would probably need an XXL in those. I tried an L but it was just too snug for me and a tiny bit short, might be fine for someone else though.

I'm really happy with the Santini as this all started with wanting a 'race' jersey, which it certainly is, so much so that on a cold day my nipples will help cut a path through the air. The Torm is a thicker jersey, so maybe not great for hot days (i.e. much above 20 degrees), nice on warm days and cool mornings, and they had sold out of the blues in my size so I ended up with a yellow jersey with reflective stripe, not quite what I wanted but it's good for visibility. I was disappointed by all the autumnal colours they had (plums, burgundies, navies, greys and blacks etc) and am I right in thinking that they are heavily influenced by Rapha? That would explain the colours and the horizontal stripes.

For reference in case it helps, my chest is 105cm/42", waist is 92cm/36", and from my waist up to the middle of my collar bone (the little V at the front of your neck) is 53cm/20.5".

Notable mention to the Endura Pro SL II short sleeve in XXL - this was a really nice jersey and fitted well, but just too short. Their custom jerseys can be ordered in a long variant which gives an extra 5cm length which would have been perfect, but minimum order of 5 @ £72, so not feasible for me. (interestingly, the Torm jersey was almost exactly 5cm longer than the Endura)

Everything else was too short, and sometimes also too tight as well although if you can put up with a very clingy fit on the bike you might be able to balance that with looking like a matador from the future when you're off the bike. These were:

* Funkier Isparo Elite Short Sleeve XXL
* Northwave Extreme 4 Short Sleeve XXXL
* Santini Karma Luce Short Sleeve XL
* Sportful Bodyfit Team 2.0 XXXL
* A couple of Mountain Warehouse short sleeve jerseys - these weren't fitted at all, a size L was still hanging off me, they're cheap but basically glorified t-shirts with a neck zip and pockets on the back. If you're just looking for a basic jersey to ride around in they will probably do, but they're not at all sexy.

By the way, all of the jerseys had a soft round lump at the front, just above the hemline, which no amount of ironing could remove. Just something to watch out for if you're shopping for yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom