Cycle lubrication kit / stand / station…..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Some of you folk must be really well organised in terms of maintenance and lubrication…..

I’m up up to 3 bikes. With 6 in the household altogether. There’s always something to fettle with / fit / adjust. And that calls for the correct oil / grease or lubricant.

I’ve had a search online and I can’t find anything like a comprehensive ‘station’ for the supply and storage of a suitable range of bike lubricants. To be fair I can’t really even find a lubrication kit: to then make my own ‘holder’ / station for.

What’s everyone else do / what products or range of products do you use for your bicycle lubrication……?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Grease and 3 in1 oil. I spend the bulk of my time riding my bike and occasionally give it a service and strip it yearly to grease. No more needed and I do 4k plus miles a year.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
One lube for chain, one grease for bolts and bearings, one loctite for bolts. I have recently got some copper slip grease but only because my wife works for a company that makes this stuff, and the odd one fails quality control (not the contents just packaging etc).

I then have some anti rust spray that I use when I haven’t had the opportunity to treat paint chips or metal that shouldn’t be exposed. For instance I currently have a paint chip on right chain stay. But it’s wet and I prefer to use primer and paint outdoors to dispel the fumes as the solvent evaporates. Hoping to clean that up and get 3 coats of primer (with anti rust chems in it) applied on Monday, then top coats on Tue; assuming stays dry like forecast.

All just sits on shelf in utility room.

Unless you use all the bikes a lot, in all weathers; you won’t be lubing the chains all that much.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a bottle of wet lube and dry lube. plus a barely touched tub of copper grease for the occasional pedal, seat post, bottle cage bolt fitting (it’ll probably see me out and then some!)
I have a can of GT85 too but I don't think I’ve ever used it on a bike, only locks

chriswoody

Legendary Member
There's quite a range of bikes here, from old town bikes to Hardtail mountain bikes. Some running tubeless, some with rim brakes, others with hydraulic brakes. So I have quite a range of fluids and greases flying around the workshop. I recently decided to build a shelf to consolidate most of it in one place so I wasn't constantly hunting for them.

IMG_20230318_182416759_HDR.jpg

tom73

Guru
I store all ours in a cleaning caddy on a shelf. It's easy to get to , pick up , carry and easy to see what i've got.
As for lube I mostly use muc-off.

Top Bottom