Cycle Path problems in the Netherlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I've had encounters with the occasional motorcycle on the Bristol Railway Path, even once saw some numpties on a quad bike, but this takes the biscuit for me. From the Netherlands, of all places:ohmy:. I hope the cyclist reported them.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Gosh, those cameras are poor for £249 (front), aren't they? Can't read a single number plate, even in HD.

The second and third examples look like they could be restricted-access roads rather than pure cycle tracks, too. Like this one and this one, which only become cycle tracks behind the viewpoint (bollard blocks them off)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've had encounters with the occasional motorcycle on the Bristol Railway Path, even once saw some numpties on a quad bike, but this takes the biscuit for me. From the Netherlands, of all places:ohmy:. I hope the cyclist reported them.

Reported them.for what?

I don't have sound, did I miss something. Just looks like vehicles using a single track road.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Reported them.for what?

I don't have sound, did I miss something. Just looks like vehicles using a single track road.
The first clip is a cycle path, as shown by the dividing line, so yes, I would have reported that. the other two I'm not sure. But as the clip was put up by a Dutch cyclist, I'm sure they know the rules in the Netherlands and put this video up with good reason.

toffee

Guru
They were nothing compared to the tractor and trailer combinations over taking Mrs T and I in Holland on single track roads a couple of weeks ago. They were not stopping for anyone and the only thing to do was get onto the grass verge or be passed within a couple of feet at 50mph.

Not all of Holland is perfect, most is though.

Derek

Gosh, those cameras are poor for £249 (front), aren't they? Can't read a single number plate, even in HD.
???

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 14.27.11.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 14.26.37.jpg

G blob 88K and 0 blob L blob PL doesn't seem readable to me. My £5 gum pack camera does better.
GL 688 K
D6 LK PK

They are unambiguous.

The cameras are mounted on the bike, and there's a lot of vibration. The resolution seems OK to me

Are you replying to me after 2 weeks without quotes and using a different username?

for some reason this posting has drawn me into two separate private conversations.

So to explain: it's customary on CC to quote the post you are replying to, or @<name> so they know it's meant for them. That's even more important if more than two weeks in elapsed, since the last posting on thread. @mjr did neither, so I scanned my previous post to see if I was likely the person he was addressing. And I saw that it was a different user(name) so for moment assumed he was addressing someone else.

Anyone can use any username they like but if you want to carry on a dialogue, you need to make a tiny effort for people to see you're the same person.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My earlier message was a reply to the preceding two posts but not only for their authors and I think it's rather poor form to address public postings @ particular people.

Anyone can use any username they like but if you want to carry on a dialogue, you need to make a tiny effort for people to see you're the same person.
If that matters, if you click the old username anywhere it appears, it should go to my current username. If anyone doesn't like how the site has handled renaming me to something which wasn't my first choice, this isn't the place to take it up with the mods and it seems grossly off-topic here. Please don't attack me about it.

Top Bottom