Cycle routes in and around Kirkliston/Queensferry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Os Maps for Bridleways or google maps for roads.

Baldy

Über Member
What sort of mileage are you looking at?

There's the round the Forth cycle route. Go under the old road bridge past Port Edgar marina and keep going. Take you to Hopetoun house, Blackness Castle, Bo'ness. Then through Grangemouth, which is a bit crap. You cross to the north shore on either the Kincardine or Clackmannshire bridge's. The ride through Culross to Limekilns is very nice. You finish via the old road bridge.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Out to Beecraigs Country Park through Winchburgh & Faucheldean is good.
The Cammo loop is short but nice too, Dalmeny, enjoy the descent into South Queensferry & out to Hopetoun House.
If you like hilly routes, West Lothian Clarion have a good map of what are locally known as 'The Bathgate Alps.' http://www.westlothianclarion.co.uk/bathgate-alps.html
Not sure what the Union Canal towpath is like these days.
All the best & enjoy the bike!

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

What sort of mileage are you looking at?

There's the round the Forth cycle route. Go under the old road bridge past Port Edgar marina and keep going. Take you to Hopetoun house, Blackness Castle, Bo'ness. Then through Grangemouth, which is a bit crap. You cross to the north shore on either the Kincardine or Clackmannshire bridge's. The ride through Culross to Limekilns is very nice. You finish via the old road bridge.
erm not quite that far
dunno, i would love to go that far, but parents don't like me out for more than just over an hour

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

i quite often go through the Dundas estate, up to winchbourgh, broxburn.
I known again go down to the sea front and back, but just i prefer single track routes aswell, like through woody areas

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

Baldy

Über Member
erm not quite that far
dunno, i would love to go that far, but parents don't like me out for more than just over an hour

Ok, didn't realize you were young. You could ask your parents if it's ok to go along to Hopetoun house. The road is traffic free along by the shore line. You'd have to come back by the same route.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
have a blast down the old path between SQueen and Kirliston. Its quite pleasant but might be busier in these current times. Also once Dalmeny estate opens up you can cycle along the path under the rail bridge. I quite like that.

Top Bottom