Cycle Scheme Bike Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

krisgoss

Hello all!
I am after a bit of help here with a bike selection. I have been riding my old, heavy mountain bike with road tyres on for the past 3 months- commuting to and from work and a couple of weekend rides, but now, my employer has signed up to the cycle scheme. I see this as a sign that I should get a new bike - had a quick look in participating shop, and was looking at a Claud Butler Levante. Very nice indeed - not sure if I want to go for drop handle or not, so playing it safe.

£500 is my price limit I think, so any other suggestions, as they said they could get practically any bike in for me.
Work is 3.5 miles away, nice flat ride, but on weekends I go about 20 miles now, with quite a few hills dotted in!
And most importantly - I really like bike riding, and want to try some races out next year.

Also, just to be even more fussy, I have nowhere indoors to keep my bike at the house, so would just be under a waterproof cover - rust be an issue here? My mountain bike seems ok, and that hasn't really been under cover, don't know if they are made of harder stuff or not?

Anyway, thanks for any help!

Top Bottom