cycle storage rack and ladies bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lucky67

Looking to store 2 adult women's mountain bikes in a shed in minimum space - thought about one of those rack things with two arms that attach to wall that fold up - and then realised all the pics of that type in use are men's bikes with the straight across frame (sure there must be a technical term for that - but I don't know it!)
Anyone got any experience with women's frames - or any other suggestions for easy storage...
Thanks

OP
OP
L

lucky67

Remembered what the technical term is - crossbar. So in all the images I've seen the supports go under a men's straight cross bar - rather than the ladies sloped....just thinking they won't hang straight or will even slide off -or am I missing something/being stupid...(which is possible :biggrin:)

david k

Hi
hi lucky,

i wanted to start a thread on summit like this but you beat me too it!!!

ive just bought off ebay 3 cycle carriers for a roof rack. i couldnt understand how they work until smebody pointed out that the bikes go upside down? i was unsure about this but one advantage would be that they fit any bike, tesco sell em, inverted bike carrier, check them out

Norm

You can also get "fake" crossbars like this (beware, link to Halfrauds site!) which clip on between the stem and the saddle, specifically to hang bikes with low/no bars from cycle racks.

Note that I haven't used any and I'm not recommending that particular bar, just using it to illustrate an option.

OP
OP
L

lucky67

Thanks for that - £40 (for 2) - I thought I'd do a bodge for the shed but then realised I'm going to have similar problems with car cycle carriers (which I'm thinking about buying too)- don't want one that fits on the roof if I can help it as it has quite a high roof...and I'm wanting it to take the children out on my own with no other adult to help...
Damn ....

Top Bottom