cycle2work....halfords :o(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I'd go for a Boardman, excellent bikes but think about getting puncture resistant tyres while you're at it, something like Bontrager Hardcase, I'd get them from Amazon or somewhere else. My CX is a cracker.

think it 1k we are allowed, so looking to spend around 800 on the bike, then a few extras. Think ive made mymind up anyway, a hybrid with panniers

Just double check your C2W paperwork mine would only allow buy safety equipment - including lock/helmet/ hi vis stuff(covers). was able to order a helmet off their website that wasnt in stock.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I got my Boardman Team Carbon through the C2W Scheme; great bike!

As others have already said, you can order other bikes through Halfords if there is nothing there you like, alternatively, other shops will take Halfords vouchers (you will have to ask first though!)

Best of luck!

P.S. I'm going back to Halfords for a Boardman CX (or a Cube Cross-Race) in October when my current deal comes to an end :thumbsup:

trsleigh

[QUOTE 1958968, member: 45"]I'd heard that the only bikes Halfords couldn't get you on C2W were Brompton, because they got one for a customer once without permission.
Might be wrong though, LBS told me.[/quote]

You can get a Brompton through the Halfords CTW scheme. Find a Brompton stockist registered with Halfords, take along your LOC and get stuck in. I've got a H6R on order via Action bikes.^_^

Moodyman

Legendary Member
... and then you take it home/to LBS to get that put right.

Unfortunately, that'll cost you.

My C2W bike was from Halfords. I got a Charge Mixer. I had some trouble with the rear wheel and Halfords bent over backwards to get it sorted via Leisure Lakes, who had to send the bike to Charge's warranty team at CSG.The wheel was away for 10 weeks to be re-built with me constantly chasing Halfords who chased LL who chased CSG.

Halfords said that if it was a Boardman or another one of their brands, they would have replaced the wheel on the spot.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The contract and therefore any statutory warranty is with whoever you handed the money to, the supply chain is irrelevant.

The point of sale has a duty to arrange to fix any issues. Halfords did this. The trouble is they arranged via the distributor who arranged via Charge's UK warranty team. It's this lengthy chain that caused me problems.

If it was Halfords own bikes, they could have fixed my problem directly themselves.

Pauluk

Moodyman said:
The point of sale has a duty to arrange to fix any issues. Halfords did this. The trouble is they arranged via the distributor who arranged via Charge's UK warranty team. It's this lengthy chain that caused me problems.

If it was Halfords own bikes, they could have fixed my problem directly themselves.

I see what you mean Moodyman.

Top Bottom