cycle2work....halfords :o(

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by photography27, 30 Jul 2012.

1. photography27

photography27 Active Member

our c2w has to be from halfords....was looking forward to a new bike, but not sure if i want one from halfords, was either a road bike or hybrid, dunno what to do now.
    do halfords do any decent bikes?

2. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

Have a look at the Carrera Subway

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_810737_langId_-1_categoryId_165534

3. Pauluk

Pauluk Senior Member

Yes they do. The Boardman range are pretty good bikes. If you want something a little lower in price their Carrera bikes are not bad. Their service can be very variable depending on the store but their products are quite good.

4. The Brewer

The Brewer Shed Dweller

You don't have to stick to the Halfords range, I rang up and asked for a Cube peloton race and Halfords ordered it through Lakeland leisure

5. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Halfords do some good bikes.

If you don't like their bikes, they can source pretty much any brand for you.

Hawk likes this.
  6. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

True. However, warranty issues then become a pain as Halfords act as an intermediatery between the customer and Leisure Lakes.

Whereas if you buy one of their bikes, then can do whatever necessary in-store to sort it.

The Brewer likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    photography27

photography27 Active Member

didnt know they could source bikes.....thats interesting!!!!!
    i've had a spesh secteur for a couple of years, and was thinking of a hybrid(boardman bike), but i do like roads bikes.....stuck to what to get

8. deanbmx

deanbmx Über Member

I ordered my cube fob halfords c2w but actually got it from leisure lakes cycles

9. lip03

lip03 Über Member

gave you as a present and you want to know how much you can get for it???...........................................pull the other one!

10. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Sounds just like booshee to me

11. The Brewer

The Brewer Shed Dweller

Good point. I also had to check if it was leisure lakes and your right :smile:

12. The Jogger

The Jogger Guru

How much do you want to spend on a bike?

13. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Other LBS's do take Halfords vouchers (my local one for starters) - don't know if any are in Welsh Wales though :smile:

14. Cubist

Cubist Still wavin' Moderator

I managed to persuade my lbs to join up as a recommended Cube dealer

15. thefollen

thefollen Über Member

Could well be a case of finding the correct Halfords. For instance, my local seems to employ scruffy, uninterested teenagers that mumble and stare at the floor. I've heard of some dodgy setups at various Halfords too.

Anyway, not to bash 'em too hard. I'm sure a Halfords is only as good as the people that work there. Point is, if you find one staffed by people that care/know about bikes and personally invest in your best interests, it could turn out fine. Best to go in, have a chat and gauge who you're likely to be dealing with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice