cycle2work....halfords :o(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

our c2w has to be from halfords....was looking forward to a new bike, but not sure if i want one from halfords, was either a road bike or hybrid, dunno what to do now.
do halfords do any decent bikes?

D

Deleted member 1258

Pauluk

Yes they do. The Boardman range are pretty good bikes. If you want something a little lower in price their Carrera bikes are not bad. Their service can be very variable depending on the store but their products are quite good.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
You don't have to stick to the Halfords range, I rang up and asked for a Cube peloton race and Halfords ordered it through Lakeland leisure

True. However, warranty issues then become a pain as Halfords act as an intermediatery between the customer and Leisure Lakes.

Whereas if you buy one of their bikes, then can do whatever necessary in-store to sort it.

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

didnt know they could source bikes.....thats interesting!!!!!
i've had a spesh secteur for a couple of years, and was thinking of a hybrid(boardman bike), but i do like roads bikes.....stuck to what to get

lip03

Über Member
hy,i'm andrei,i recently receive present a bianchi mega pro xl boron steel with carbon fork used,but i good condition,and i will like to know how much is the price for that bike,can someone please help me.

gave you as a present and you want to know how much you can get for it???...........................................pull the other one!

vickster

Legendary Member
Other LBS's do take Halfords vouchers (my local one for starters) - don't know if any are in Welsh Wales though :smile:

thefollen

Veteran
Could well be a case of finding the correct Halfords. For instance, my local seems to employ scruffy, uninterested teenagers that mumble and stare at the floor. I've heard of some dodgy setups at various Halfords too.

Anyway, not to bash 'em too hard. I'm sure a Halfords is only as good as the people that work there. Point is, if you find one staffed by people that care/know about bikes and personally invest in your best interests, it could turn out fine. Best to go in, have a chat and gauge who you're likely to be dealing with.

Top Bottom