CycleChat investigates - Bond. James Bond.

Who played the best James Bond,

• Bob Holness

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • David Niven

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • George Lazenby

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Roger "Eyebrows" Moore

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Timothy Dalton

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Daniel Craig

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Barry Nelson (yes, I had to Google him too)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I prefer Mission Impossible

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Sean Connery by a country mile. :okay:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Did you know that the best James Bond played the sax solo in Baker Street?
(I think I've watched two Bond films in my life, they were utter guff, and it's entirely possible that I'm conflating one of them with the Star Wars spinoff Solo.)

stephec

Legendary Member
I don't know how you can pick a best one, they've all done at least one film that equals anything the others have done, apart from Pierce Brosnan, the least said about the Brosnan films the better.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Far from being a British patriot, he wants to break the country up. so not Connery. I'm going for Lazenby, the only Bond who would tie up a henchman rather than kill him if he didn't have to.

tyred

Legendary Member
Definitely not Timothy Dalton.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Funny because I thought he did really quite well (could be in a minority here). Of the mainstream Bonds, I definitely don't care for Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan (the worst I think). Of course Connery is the most iconic.

I'd have loved to have seen Clive Owen play Bond, though top of the list for me would be Idris Elba. He oozes everything a Bond "should" be.

Definitely not Timothy Dalton.

tyred

Legendary Member
Funny because I thought he did really quite well (could be in a minority here). Of the mainstream Bonds, I definitely don't care for Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan (the worst I think). Of course Connery is the most iconic.

I'd have loved to have seen Clive Owen play Bond, though top of the list for me would be Idris Elba. He oozes everything a Bond "should" be.
I guess it's just different tastes and opinions. 'twould be a boring world if everyone agreed.

Top Bottom