CycleChat investigates - Bond. James Bond.

Who played the best James Bond,

• Bob Holness

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • David Niven

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • George Lazenby

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Roger "Eyebrows" Moore

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Timothy Dalton

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Daniel Craig

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Barry Nelson (yes, I had to Google him too)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I prefer Mission Impossible

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have a hat stand with quite a few flat caps of all varieties on it. Today i stood about 12 feet away from the stand and threw some of my caps at the thing,to see how many i could land on the arms/hook things. Out of 20 i managed to successfully land 11. I think that's quite an achievement!:okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Like the Beatles and Queen, loved apparently by all, I never got them or the 007 series of films. I'm not sure I've ever seen more than one or two Bond films beginning to end and then probably reluctantly.

But if I had to choose one, Roger Moore. He didnt seem to take himself too seriously.

MntnMan62

Über Member
The best? Doesn't exist. The ones who honored the role the best? Not in any particular order:

Sean Connery
Roger Moore
Daniel Craig

You can't really compare them against one another given the massive amount of time covered between them.

In any actual sticky situation it has to be David Niven who could handle himself in a fight thanks to his commando experience in ww2. Otherwise it is twinkly eyed underwear model and suave safari suit wearer Rodger Moore.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I don't know why we're bothering. We all know Roger Moore was the best.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/U1n5PmjIoNKV4CP3hN/giphy.gif

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, the poll closes tonight and the spanish chap is in the lead, with Roger Moore second. Coming up Roger's behind is Daniel Craig, who may yet have a late spurt and take second place.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm going to come across as a berk trying to save face here, but I knew that.
The mental image of Bob Holness doing the Baker Street sax is too magnificent to abandon just because it isn't real.

C please Bob.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I have an old friend of mine who was an extra in Goldeneye, in the scene in which Bond smashes up the city in a tank which was shot mainly on an old aerodrome near Watford, or so I was told. My friend got to meet Pierce Brosnan whom he said was very nice and gave out signed photos of himself on the motorbike from the start of the movie. My friend asked him if he was nervous about playing Bond and he confessed to practicing 'My name is bond, James Bond', in front of a mirror to get it right!.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
My friend is now a card-carrying actor after Goldeneye and around 2010 he got a part in some radio drama which also starred Sean Bean, the Goldeneye villain. My mate said he walked into the recording studio and Sean shook hands with him saying ' You were in Goldeneye'. It was about 15 years earlier and my mate was just one of about 50 extras. He was amazed Sean remembered him at all.

Top Bottom