Cyclechat investigates...classic rock albums

Which CD does an ageing rock fan play first in his new car?

• Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • III - Led Zeppelin

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • The White Album - The Beatles

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • What's a CD Grandad? Stream some DJ Twatfish

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, quite unexpectedly I find a new car on the horizon. This creates a minor quandry.

Now, those that know me know I'm stuck in the late 60's and early seventies musically. I was born 20 years too late in that regard.

So this now leaves me with a poser - which CD do I play first in my new car?

classic33

Leg End Member
Aon Focal Eile

classic33

Leg End Member
I am not sure the White Album counts as rock, but it's better than Led Zep III. I am shamefully ignorant of Jethro Tull.
Inventor of the seed drill, 1700.
Born: 30 March 1674,
Died: 21 February 1741

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ian Anderson, Mr Jethro Tull himself, wrote Thick as a Brick in anger. The sublime album Aqualung had been described as a concept album by the critics, despite Anderson's increasingly strident denials.

In the end Anderson flipped and said, "if they want a concept album then I'll give them the concept album to end them all." And that's what he did - 45 minutes of pith taking and sticking 2 fingers up at the critics, but it was so subtle it went over the critics heads. In his efforts to take the pith Anderson had accidentally created perhaps the finest concept album of all time.

He really lost his rag at this, and his next album, A Passion Play, was originally about a bomb being planted in a theatre and killing all the critics. He regained sanity only weeks before the album appears due to be released and re recorded it in a saner form. Nevertheless, the original "Chateau D'isaster" tapes were released in the late 80's and us mere mortals were left in awe at Anderson's towering genius.

But fine as it is, is TAAB first CD in a new car material?

Top Bottom