• The Guardian

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Wolfie Smith

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Guy Fawkes

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
No-one, until I've read them and/or made a copy.

Reading allows me a chance to look for the name of who should be contacted.

Edited to add
Local police station no longer accepts documents.
Our local Police Station doesn’t even accept Police Officers, except in extremely restricted opening hours, let alone documents

I am surprised that so many people are prepared to hand state secret documents to the Police. MI5 handles such matters and they have free contact service number Freephone 0800 111 4645. Details are in the web.

The very first question they will ask is the classification on the front of the documents. In the case 2 day ago, this was the classification for one of the document - "Secret UK Eyes Only". This will trigger an immediate response and there will someone at the door or at the bus stop pronto. If rural and isolated, they will be there by Heli with the local Police to pick them up.

Never hand it to a Police Station. If a high security office such as a cabinet minister's office camera footage can be sold, anything can happen.

1624940042466.png

Joffey

Big Dosser
I am surprised that so many people are prepared to hand state secret documents to the Police. MI5 handles such matters and they have free contact service number Freephone 0800 111 4645. Details are in the web.

The very first question they will ask is the classification on the front of the documents. In the case 2 day ago, this was the classification for one of the document - "Secret UK Eyes Only". This will trigger an immediate response and there will someone at the door or at the bus stop pronto. If rural and isolated, they will be there by Heli with the local Police to pick them up.

Never hand it to a Police Station. If a high security office such as a cabinet minister's office camera footage can be sold, anything can happen.

View attachment 596333

UK Eyes means if my eyes are in the UK I can read it first yeah?

No-one, until I've read them and/or made a copy.

Reading allows me a chance to look for the name of who should be contacted.

Edited to add
Local police station no longer accepts documents.
Local Police Station nolonger exists! :sad:

UK Eyes means if my eyes are in the UK I can read it first yeah?
:smile:You forgot the part "Secret".

Some background on the classification system which is extensive. We share multiple intelligence alliances. The 5 Eyes is paramount for defence. Even then we don't want our 4 partners see this particular document. This classification became particularly important after the Kim Philby Affair.

Also to make aware to our not so bright politicians at the highest level that something cannot be shared with our best buddies country wise. We fear the Handcocks and Profumos of the World.

classic33

Leg End Member
:smile:You forgot the part "Secret".

Some background on the classification system which is extensive. We share multiple intelligence alliances. The 5 Eyes is paramount for defence. Even then we don't want our 4 partners see this particular document. This classification became particularly important after the Kim Philby Affair.

Also to make aware to our not so bright politicians at the highest level that something cannot be shared with our best buddies country wise. We fear the Handcocks and Profumos of the World.
Wouldn't 5 eyes, let alone 4 eyes(I only have two eyes.)be proof that you'd tried something, using what you'd found.

It would seem that the "classification system" in use, doesn't appear to be working correctly anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member

View attachment 596333
Would you be phoning their Terrorism Hotline after you'd made something, using the information found?

Top Bottom