CycleChat investigates - human missions to Mars.

Who will get humans to Mars first?

• Space X - Musk is enough of a Buccaneer to pull it off.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Blue Origin - for £5.99 a month Bezos will also deliver your parcels there for free.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NASA - the sober, sharp haircutted scientists of American space exploration

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Russia - Putin will be the first to brew a nice pot of polonium tea on Mars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • China - Communism will reign supreme, and Corbyn has been tipped to pilot the first landing.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • We went there in the 60's and I recall International Rescue had to save them.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • It won't happen in our life time

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I've read the Martian Chronicles and it didn't end well

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
So, who will get there first?

Space X? Elon is a loon, pith him off and he calls you a pedo, or buys your company and sacks you, but time and time again people have said Space X wouldn't do something and - eventually - they've proven them wrong.

Or Blue Origin? Is Bezos exploiting the unskilled working masses for a good reason?

Or the Chinese? They quietly beaver away on their space programme, setting goal after goal and discretely doing it on their own.

Are Russia out of the running now they don't have the military and state resources they once did?

Or NASA? Or will the Moon programme prove too much of a distraction, or maybe the next president will slash the budget like Osama Bin Barack did?

The great thinkers and philosophers of CycleChat are masters of predicting outcomes, and once again the future of mankind relies on calm and reasoned insight.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Can't see it happening now - this virus will cock up the economy for years to come and stuff like Space will take a back seat.

tom73

Guru
The cost is likely to make it highly unlikely any time soon.
It's more likely much of money will move to finding ways to mine the moon.
Now Trump has removed the ban a few companies are already working out how it's possible.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Elon Musk may be a bit of the head the ball. But he thinks so far out of the box the us, mere mortals cannot comprehend it. His Tesla cars drive past my house during the day and in the evening I am watching his SkyTrain go over my house at 17000mph.

I cannot see the connection between cars and space.

Not only can he work it out in his head. He can then make it happen.

The guy is a genius. Bordering on barking mad.

... It's more likely much of money will move to finding ways to mine the moon.
Now Trump has removed the ban a few companies are already working out how it's possible.
He did what?? <googles ...> oh OK. I got bogged down in detail, but it looks like this was kicked off by Obama, so a bit harsh to blame it all on Trump?
I didn't realise NASA had pledged to put a woman+man on the moon in 2024. That's cool! https://www.nasa.gov/what-is-artemis
(every day's a school day ... )

tom73

Guru
Yes that's true Obama did start it off Trump just made it more public.
They did pledge to get to moon again it's one of Trump has been pushing for it.
A lot of talk is now about having to sale things back the money is not looking so good.

Top Bottom