CycleChat Investigates - Pain!!!

Which of these causes the most pain should you stand upon it barefoot?

• Landmine

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Cactus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 pin plug

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Bear trap

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Broken glass

• Lego

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Cobra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dinky toy

• Fresly erupted lava

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Caltrops

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matiz

Guru
I jumped into a lake to retrieve a football once straight on to a upturned broken bottle having the sole of my foot stitched up was agony, and I've trod on a few large nails on building sites over the years, but I still think the 3 pin plug just about edges it.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Worst thing you can tread on - a broken calcaneus

Even worse if it's your own :eek:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think my dad beat all of those...

He worked for George Wimpey in the 1960s/1970s in the pre-'health and safety gone mad' days. He had been up on some scaffolding fitting some window frames, then needed to go off somewhere else. Rather than walking the boards to a ladder at the far end of the building, he clambered over the guard rail and jumped down. Unfortunately, he had not noticed that directly below was a length of timber with a 6" rusty nail sticking out... The nail went straight through the sole of his boot, through his foot, and out through the top of his boot! :eek:

His workmates failed to get his foot free using a claw hammer - they ended up having to use a crowbar!

It made his eyes water just a little... :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
I think my dad beat all of those...

He worked for George Wimpey in the 1960s/1970s in the pre-'health and safety gone mad' days. He had been up on some scaffolding fitting some window frames, then needed to go off somewhere else. Rather than walking the boards to a ladder at the far end of the building, he clambered over the guard rail and jumped down. Unfortunately, he had not noticed that directly below was a length of timber with a 6" rusty nail sticking out... The nail went straight through the sole of his boot, through his foot, and out through the top of his boot! :eek:

His workmates failed to get his foot free using a claw hammer - they ended up having to use a crowbar!

It made his eyes water just a little... :whistle:
Years ago my brother did step on a nail sticking out of a piece of wood and had it push out the top of the foot too but he had only stepped on it, he didn't fall on it from a height.

ColinJ

Nothing compared to stubbing a toe though. That can initiate a priority call to all the emergency services.
You may make jokes about it, but... :whistle:

I did a forum walk on 6th May this year, during which I stubbed a toe. This is what it looks like 6.5 months later...

:eek: :cry:

classic33

Leg End Member
You may make jokes about it, but... :whistle:

I did a forum walk on 6th May this year, during which I stubbed a toe. This is what it looks like 6.5 months later...

View attachment 619167

:eek: :cry:
Another eighteen months and you'll have nowt but memories.

Unless you keep the nail.

ColinJ

Another eighteen months and you'll have nowt but memories.

Unless you keep the nail.
I am surprised how long it is taking to grow out. It was about 25% worse than that originally so at this rate it could well take another year and a half!

I can't keep the nail because I keep cutting it. I would have to let it grow 2 or 3 cm beyond the end of the toe before cutting it in order to be able to keep it in one piece! :laugh:

Gillstay

Über Member
There is a tropical caterpillar that can kill you if you step on it due to the hairs it is covered with.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't stood on a 3 point plug as far as I can remember, but I have suffered 'plug pain' when the flex suddenly wraps itself round your ankle as you catch it with your foot and it cracks you on your boney ankle joint!:ohmy:

Julia9054

Guru
I once stood barefoot on a sewing needle my sister had left sticking in the carpet. It went in blunt end first and you could see it sticking out both sides. I remember being surprised at the time that it didn’t hurt nearly as much as I expected.
Pulling it out did though!

Top Bottom