CycleChat Investigates - Pavement Parking

Pavement Parking - should it be banned?

• Yes. Car drivers have proven they can't be trusted to act sensibly, so just ban it.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Don't ban it, so long as dar drivers act sensibly.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Allow car drivers to park anywhere they want. Who cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban parking in public anywhere other than in a marked parking bay

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don't care

• I don't have a car/smartphone/tv/pavement outside my house

• Be a bit like Tokyo - can't prove you have off road parking, you can't own a car.

• I live on Sark

• Edmund King is a twit

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I'm dying of coronavirus so really couldn't care less right now.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If there is room to park at the roadside then park on the road, if there isn't room to park there should be double yellows. I enjoy driving but refrain from pavement parking, in fact it boils my piss. More than once i haven't used a last parking space because the twot behind as parked on the pavement and to park properly in front would in fact block them in and probably result in damage to my car, and thats on wide carriageways, they seem to think their cars are less likey to be scraped or hit as they often appear to park in a formation getting further onto the pavement meaning the car behind sticks out more.

ukoldschool

I find writing YPLAC on a sheet of paper, then sticking it to the windscreen with contact adhesive is an effective deterrent...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• YPLAC.jpg
    YPLAC.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I challenged a woman today who had parked all 4 wheels up on the footway and her riposte was to ask me if i didnt have anything better to moan about. I was tempted to reply that i would soon be moaning about all the vanadalised cars that get left on the path but managed to bite my tongue,

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
In a similar vein, when we go in a shop (Not so much these days for obvious reasons) I like pointing out that they may need to rethink the store layout and not pile so much cack in the aisles as people in wheelchairs need to be able to navigate as demonstrated by the knocked over piles of aforementioned cack all over the floor behind us. The Works, Superdrug and Tescos are big offenders.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Consultation ends soon.

Top Bottom