CycleChat Investigates - War! What is it good for?

Which is the best war fillum?

• Where Eagles Dare

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Full Metal Jacket

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Apocalypse Now

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Dambusters

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • The Longest Day

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • The Bridges at Toki Ri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Cockleshell Heroes

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Battle of the Bulge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kelly's Heroes

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Operation Crossbow

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siadwell

Guru
Hacksaw ridge, a but American but based on a true story and some great photos of the real players at the end.
Very good film about an incredible man.

Myself, my wife and eldest stepson went whiter water rafting in Sri Lanka few years ago, and at the end, as the river became a lot more serene, we rounded a bend and there in front of us was the very bridge used in the film. Was a serious "Wow, blimey" mouth agape moment.

Would get my vote.

Starts whistling Colonel Bogey...........

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
To be fair you could make this list pretty long. I know not the best war based films, and im not saying its my favourite, but i do like the interesting concept ones. Like The Final Countdown starring Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen. A modern aircraft carrier is plunged into WW2 Pacific Theatre hours before the attack on Pearl Harbour.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I went with Apocolypse Now on that list. But there are some missing. But the unforgiveable one missing is Platoon. A great movie with an all star cast. And Oliver Stone directed.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Let’s face it even if you doubled the list to twenty you wouldn’t get all the best ones in.
Another great film is Ice Cold in Alex, a film that doesn’t for once portray the Germans as absolute barstewards.

A more modern drama of what the submarine war was like for the Germans in the Atlantic is Das Boot which brilliantly recreates the claustrophobic atmosphere and fear of the submariners.

View: https://youtu.be/7pzKyeIex2Y

Top Bottom