CycleChat mis-informed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Told today that CycleChat is mis-informed on many things. This being the case, who is giving that mis-information? Does anyone on here feel that the forum is mis-informing?

The person who said this also said they are on here/visit here. If that is true, maybe they will say where the mis-information is. Who knows.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
what

Bman

Guru
Maybe they (the person that told you this) thinks its ok to ride with headphones as long as you are wearing a helmet :evil::whistle:

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
:wacko:
Am I the only one confuzzled?

I'm the same & I started the thread. It was a bit of a sweeping statement to say the least. Its not as though its only the one person posting their opinion/information on here.

I'm hoping that the person, who said he was a cyclist, will let us us know where they feel we are being mis-informed & by who.

Told today that CycleChat is mis-informed on many things. This being the case, who is giving that mis-information? Does anyone on here feel that the forum is mis-informing?

The person who said this also said they are on here/visit here. If that is true, maybe they will say where the mis-information is. Who knows.

Simply cannot be the case as the site itself has no formal policy on anything that could inform or mis-inform

If Admin was to take a formal stance that all bikes should be red because they are faster then there would be mis-information as everyone knows blue bikes are.

It comes down to us and debate. Yes there are opinions, and yes an individual can be mis-informed, but that is the individual and the site is not responsible for that content.

Healthily most poor or bad information is challenged and discussed and that is the way it should be.

Edited - first line didn't read right

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Simply cannot be the case as the site itself has no formal policy on anything that could inform or mis-inform

If Admin was to take a formal stance that all bikes should be red because they are faster then there would be mis-information as everyone knows blue bikes are.*

It comes down to us and debate. Yes there are opinions, and yes an individual can be mis-informed, but that is the individual and the site is not responsible for that content.

Healthily most poor or bad information is challenged and discussed and that is the way it should be.

Edited - first line didn't read right

*Black bikes are quickest, you never see them 'til they've passed you.

As you say a person may be mis-informed & that is often challenged on here. So that in theory the mis-information is taken out in the challenge.

What I'm hoping for is the person who made the statement, who said he comes on here, to correct what they say is mis-information. I've given them my user name, so I expect they'll look out for anything I may post.
Its kinda 1984 ish, with the Ministry of Mis-Information, taking what was said at face value. Not that I am.

Peteaud

Veteran
blackadder_fagin.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
To be serious for a mo, there is a lot of conflicting advice particularly if you are new. I'm not an expert so I respond to many threads with "I would/I do" but if you have a look around there are many posters who appear to state their opinion as fact.

I'm in no way trying to belittle the advice on here cos I've learnt an awful lot, just saying (I suppose like the internet in general) it can be a scary place. I don't think that anyone deliberately mis-informs though.

redcard

Veteran
classic33, why are you choosing to talk in riddles? It's rather bizarre.
And why are you giving so much stock to someone, who quite frankly, sounds a bit of an idiot.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
classic33, why are you choosing to talk in riddles? It's rather bizarre.
And why are you giving so much stock to someone, who quite frankly, sounds a bit of an idiot.

I wasn't aware I was talking in riddles. IF Cyclechat is mis-informed, that mis-information has to come from somewhere. Given that this forum isn't only one person putting forward their opinion it means that to make that statement stick/hold water would require everyone to be mis-informing each other.

As to why I'm giving "so much stock to someone", its done in the hope that they will inform the rest of us where we are being mis-informed. That would of course be their opinion.

Top Bottom