Cyclechat revisited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclebum

Hi all,
used to post on here regularly a few years back as I prepared for a charity cycle challenge in India.
unfortunately shortly after the ride life turned a bit chaotic on a number of fronts and I didn't get on my bike for over 2 years, lost my fitness and gained a lot of weight!!! Now I am preparing for another cycle challenge this time in central America almost 2 stone lighter and fitness improving which is good as I leave on 1st March. I thought I would dip in back on here to help me with advice and motivation as getting out there this time of year can be difficult.
Siani

BC BOOTLE

VIKING ROAD CLUB LIVERPOOL
Well done on the weight loss,keep it up,also best of luck on the charity ride,you know you will succeed. :bravo:

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Thanks, it's not quite as scary as last time as I have some idea of what to expect except this time will be hillier and possibly hotter.

BC BOOTLE

VIKING ROAD CLUB LIVERPOOL
How many miles are involved in your ride,I'm just in myself from a meagre 20 miles,its cold out there but you cant beat it can you :bicycle:

wb cyclebum. I remember you preparing for the India trip. A good while ago a few people did wonder how you were as we'd not seen you for a long time. Did you write up your India trip?

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Thanks for the welcome folks, this is the 1st chance I've had to get back on as the last few days have been pretty busy.
It's nice to be remembered! As for how far is my ride, its about 280 miles over 5 days starting at Panama city, through Costa Rica and finishing at Granada in Nicaragua. Last time we did some camping during the ride but the tents were almost verging on glamping (only almost though!). This time it's 2 (wo)man tents that we have to put up ourselves so I hope I get on with my room mate!!!!

Top Bottom