CycleChat Ride - 2 May - Manningtree/Colchester/Tiptree (i.e. north-east Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Sig SilverPrinter said:
So when you doing this then Chris:biggrin:

5th June Fnrttc - Whitstable and back looks good.....:tongue::laugh::tongue:

ChrisKH said:
5th June Fnrttc - Whitstable and back looks good.....:tongue::laugh::tongue:

Don't forget to bring your Oyster Card...just in case. I'll bring a map. (I have plenty of maps - one of Scotland should do...:o)
I'm planning a run into Manningtree, sample the station Guinness at £2.50 a pint and a return using my new found knowledge. (My new found knowledge being 'get lost in the daylight' not the deep dark in deepest darkest Essex!) :smile:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Aperitif said:
I'm planning a run into Manningtree, sample the station Guinness at £2.50 a pint and a return using my new found knowledge. (My new found knowledge being 'get lost in the daylight' not the deep dark in deepest darkest Essex!) :tongue:
Well if you do so, let me know and I shall come and insult your Garmin again!

Auntie Helen said:
Well if you do so, let me know and I shall come and insult your Garmin again!

You're on! Off! On! Off! Bang! Fizzle... But I am going to take a ride out and back sometime soon - possibly via Essendon and Henry Moores Much Hadham again - for a big round trip...just need some warm weather and a nice early roll out. I have fluorescent yellow dots and lines all over my map of Essex - so that I will be able to see them in the dark.

I have seen some beautiful 'ordinary' buildings this year, mostly in Essex.

stevevw

Guru
Aperitif said:
You're on! Off! On! Off! Bang! Fizzle... But I am going to take a ride out and back sometime soon - possibly via Essendon and Henry Moores Much Hadham again - for a big round trip...just need some warm weather and a nice early roll out. I have fluorescent yellow dots and lines all over my map of Essex - so that I will be able to see them in the dark.

I have seen some beautiful 'ordinary' buildings this year, mostly in Essex.

Let me know when, sounds like fun. If you intend to go to the Henry Moore Estate you will have to book it in advance due to the much publicised disappearance of one of the sculptures a few years back. Nice pub "The Hoops" just down the road too. Spent many a happy hour wooing my lovely girlfriend now wife there 35 years ago. :tongue::girl::biggrin:

I drank two Crock - keeping up the averages!

I was only thinking of Manningtree Station Café yesterday, as in..."I have some unfinished business with Manningtree and if I am organised I can do the FNRttC - make my way back to Londres in a direct (ahem) fashion, get a rest then do the Dunwich Dynamo, returning via the Manningtree Station Bar - then burn it up along the A12...":biggrin:

That sort of thought.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm thinking about doing an interim ride (like djtheglove's Hilly South London) from Manningtree around the various sailing/boating spots of the Tendring peninsula (Mistley, Walton-on-the-naze, Brightlingsea, Wivenhoe) which would be about 50 miles. Maybe I could combine it with a pint or two at the Station Café again!

<Pinged> this thread because Andrij (A FNRttC veteran) is talking about riding the infamous "A12 at silly o'clock" :rolleyes:

Could someone from there*, Adrian, Tim O perhaps, direct him to have a look at this beautiful thread! :biggrin::tongue::tongue::biggrin:xx(

*Apologies. Don't mean to be rude - yacf.

Top Bottom