CycleChat UK League

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
How do All.

As the weather starts to deteriorate (specially up here in the land of the Scot) I have started to think about a move back in doors.. I’m starting a League which will be set-up to deliver approximately 100 miles per month of varying terrain and in 3D. Stages will go live each Saturday and can be completed at any time during the week/month. I won’t be racing however, if you want to record the fastest time - go for it..

The first League is set up for a September start - All September stages are in Scotland :welcome:

I’m also hoping to set-up another winter ‘tour’ again this year similar to LEJOG earlier this year.. :cold:

Please join the Group https://www.bkool.com/group/show/279047

League link; https://www.bkool.com/league/showActualLeague/279047

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
You're a Gentleman @Jim Brown :notworthy:

I look forward to doing this again :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
New League goes live in a few days time - 100 miles per month..

I’ve almost got the ‘winter tour’ sorted as well.. 26 stages... I’m just having the lords own problems getting it converted to 3D... I spent all day yesterday loading and uploading and uploading again... but I’m nearly there with it.. more news to follow. :cheers:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Scotland Stage two is currently underway this week, which again is another lumpy affair.. Please feel free to use my ghost..

Next week sees Scotland again and a rip through Argyll & Bute.... on my home roads.. .. :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

theboxers

Unemployed life getting in the way of indoor biking at the moment :banghead:. Hoping to do stage 1 later today and may carry on to stage 2 straight after :unsure:. We'll see how I feel after so long off of the bike :eek:. It'll only be a trundle anyway what ever I end up doing.

theboxers

Yeah... Ermmm...... that didn't go according to plan :bicycle::sweat: xx( :surrender:

Completed, but damn I'm out of shape. :mrpig:

theboxers

Ok. I thought that would be a little easier. :headshake:. That was almost worse than yesterday.

The kickr and bkool are not happy playmates. No momentum carrying for the kickr, stop pedalling and you stop going anywhere, almost. :banghead:.

Still stage 2 is done. Off for some food and :cheers:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Ok. I thought that would be a little easier. :headshake:. That was almost worse than yesterday.

The kickr and bkool are not happy playmates. No momentum carrying for the kickr, stop pedalling and you stop going anywhere, almost. :banghead:.

Still stage 2 is done. Off for some food and :cheers:
Yes, the way Bkool treats the Kickr is thus ..... say you're on 0% gradient and pushing 200 watts, Bkool estimates you should be doing 30 kph. Suddenly stop pedalling and it goes, well, 0 watts = zero speed so it puts the brakes on. It seems to forget that you're actually moving at 30 kph and should be coasting now and gradually slowing. Miss a gear change, lose a bit of power, and bang, the rest of the group is suddenly 30 seconds up the road. If you're happy pootling on Bkool it's fine, but want to ride with others when you're on a Kickr then pretty much forget it :banghead:

If only Bkool could sort out the momentum algorithm things would be much better.

Last edited:

Rod McG

Über Member
First session done. That was unusual, but fun! I stuck with your ghost, @Jim Brown, and enjoyed a pleasant ride. At the top of the hill I decided to crack on, so I could have my tea before the Vuelta highlights. It is nice though not to always race, so I may cycle with you again.

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
First session done. That was unusual, but fun! I stuck with your ghost, @Jim Brown, and enjoyed a pleasant ride. At the top of the hill I decided to crack on, so I could have my tea before the Vuelta highlights. It is nice though not to always race, so I may cycle with you again.

There ya go @Rod McG @theboxers - Stage three done... I went out steady and tried to increase the pace on the return.. :thumbsup:

Enjoy

Top Bottom