CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
If you are riding to Scarborough or Bridlington try the Seaways cafe at Fridaythorpe.
A166. It's a motorcycle haunt really but they cater for us and the parked bikes are always good to look around if you like bikes with engines in them too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
When are cafes opening properly anyway ?

For any of you in the South Queensferry area, a cat show friend of mine has just opened / taken over a sweet shop and tea room. I promised her I'd give it a heads up here as she is trying to be cyclist friendly. :blush:

Oh, and as well as tea, coffee, cakes, pastries and sweets, she serves locally made ice cream that is UK champion 2020 winners ice cream of the year.

The place is called "Once Upon A Time" btw

For any of you in the South Queensferry area, a cat show friend of mine has just opened / taken over a sweet shop and tea room. I promised her I'd give it a heads up here as she is trying to be cyclist friendly. :blush:

Oh, and as well as tea, coffee, cakes, pastries and sweets, she serves locally made ice cream that is UK champion 2020 winners ice cream of the year.

The place is called "Once Upon A Time" btw
I will try to remember to check this out once the lockdown is lifted, fingers crossed it will still be there by then. I don’t like to think how many cafes aren’t going to survive this.

Tom B

Guru
Snails pace cafe, at the end of the Camel Trail is great. A touch pricey, a bit eco but yummy and the lady running it is super friendly.

Wenford Bridge, St Breward, Bodmin PL30 3PN

Catn find anywhere in Bodmin Itself

Last edited:
Twin Lakes Velo in Croston is good. Set up for cyclists. Just a tad off the main road so grockles drive past. Closed until July, but he's been refurbing the place during lockdown. Lots of outdoor seating so shouldn't be a problem to reopen.

Tom B

Guru
Not specifically a cycle cafe but Relish at Egerton, Bolton is great.

Just off the A666 at Deakins Mill Complex the cakes are great and the bacon and sausage butties are a cut above. The lady is lovely and there is a decent car park of you want to start your ride there. She's happy with that too especially at weekend when the mill complex is empty and if you buy something to make the world keep turning.

Kids are welcome too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom