CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoMeR

Über Member
Beeston Marina, Nottingham, the host with the most,best cycle cafe ever.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
If you're cycling in the Pewsey Vale near Marlborough there are two cracking cafes to recommend.

1) Honey Street Mill cafe. Wonderful outdoor seating by the canal. Excellent coffee, good cakes, great lunches. Can be busy.
http://www.honeystreetmillcafe.co.uk/

2) Sticks and Stones, in Woodborough Garden Centre, 2 miles away. Probably the better cafe (she says, uncertainly) but despite the pleasant outdoor seating, the location isn't as nice. Excellent lunches, strong coffee and a beautiful gift shop for lovers of wooden things.
http://www.uksticksandstones.com/shop/tag/shop--cafe

On my ride to Okehampton today, I made a point of detouriing off the Granite Way to visit the Pump and Pedal. This was previously a pub called Prewley Moor Arms. Now, it's a bar/cafe doing, amongst other things, cider and pasties, as well as a well-stocked bike shop. Excellent!

pjd57

Veteran

In Kilbirnie in Ayrshire.
On the main Street. It's only a few minutes off the cycle path.
Fortunately the local Tesco doesn't have a cafe and a helpful staff member directed us to this wee place.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
There's a new (I think?) café that's opened up at the start of the brickworks climb in Pott Shrigley.

I'm not sure how many will stop though as it's a hill to test yourself on.

Saw that last time I went up Brickworks. Thought I'd go to the top then come back for tea. Came to my senses once I reached the top and carried on.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Conversations. 140 Walkden Road, Walkden. 2 min walk south of the train station.
I'm slightly biased here as Pam and I are friends with the new owners Ang and her slave/husband Martin (mostly because they're damn nice people) but it's a brilliant little cafe and handy if you're cycling along the Roe Green loopline NCR55.
There's a great big window to keep an eye on your bike which could be locked to the railings or if you're super nice she might let you leave it in the front outside seating area. Maybe. I may also be killed for suggesting that... :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
New cafe in Barkway, Hertfordshire. Hot drinks and cake. Open just before lockdown but only discovered it was there last month. No sign but on Google maps and it’s the flower shop on the corner for turn to Reed.

Closed Monday , 10-15 weekdays, 10-16 weekends.

straas

Matt
One way would be manually adding them to a shared google "my maps", but obviously time consuming, unless it's possible to make an open collaborative map?

Big John

Guru
The Village Bakery in Brewood - highly recommended for us cyclists. Brewood is midway between Wolverhampton & Stafford. As well as a selection of their own cakes they do baguettes and savories. I usually get my drinks bottle filled with tea and a monstrous piece of bread pudding or chocolate fudge cake all for under £2. Lovely folks behind the counter. No bike ride for me is complete without a cake stop :okay:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Village-Bakery-565480480145295/

Top Bottom