cyclehate twitter responses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lozcs

Guru
On twitter I feel that people should challenged cycle ignorance/hate tweets, however it seems that a lot of the time it's returned with abuse and imagine this fuels abuse back which is not constructive to cyclist safety.

I can imagine a young driver who posts a ignorant tweet about say road tax then ends up in an argument with about 10 cyclists on twitter then goes out in their car and decides to give a punishment pass to the next cyclist they see.

Love Carlton Reid's bingo card here..

It would be great to have a web page that you can tick those boxes and it returns a URL of a page that responds to the original tweet. This should be friendly and informative and help educate without hopefully fuelling more hate.

Thoughts?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thoughts?

Don't twitter ... for a happier life.

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
Don't twitter ... for a happier life.

I enjoy twitter! I don't Facebook for a happier life if that helps! ;-)

Point is often cycle hate tweeters get umped on by a whole group of people which I think antagonises more than it educates - a simple friendly 'personalised' response would be far more constructive to all our safety.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
You can turn off retweets by twitter members who tend to respond to this stuff (and I admit I have responded myself in the past).

Twitter is alright. Theres much to learn on there and it can put you in touch with a lot of intelligent people, and a lot of informative research.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If I don't like what someone posts on twitter, I "unfollow" them or set it so I don't see things they have "re-tweeted"! I have in the past, unfollowed some people I do actually like, simply because they keep posting stuff that is too serious, I like twitter for banter, not a lecture or a debate.

The limit on text space whilst good for some things, is not conducive to coherent, easy to follow debates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom