CycleScheme - Approved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vanmoofy

Regular
My cycle scheme certificate has been approved - however it is on the second phase of 'awaiting payment', where they kindly state it can take up to 30 days... I really do not want to be waiting a whole month; so the purpose of this thread is to find out if there are retailers, physical or online that accept approved cyclescheme certificates (which are still in the process) ?

I am London based, so any shops within London as well as online retailers would be great advices.

Many thanks,

vickster

Legendary Member
Given bike shortages, you could well be waiting a month anyhow!
I’d be surprised if any retailer would be prepared to order or sell you a bike on a pending certificate. You could ask if you can buy now on a credit card and get refunded when the voucher arrives?
Retailers take different schemes so you’ll need to find one that takes yours.
Find the retailer who has your desired bike in stock and just call would be the easiest ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Like @vickster says, I think I remember back in 2013 when I bought my first via Cyclescheme that I put a £50 deposit on my Giant via Credit Card to get them to order it then got a refund when I collected the bike. but getting a bike might be more of a concern

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Yes, when I got mine they were happy to take payment on a card & then refund when the voucher came through. But that was years ago & as it's a sellers market they may not be so keen. Best way to find out is to ask.

OP
OP
V

vanmoofy

Regular
so far, two retailers have said to me they need the actual certificate showing the pin as well...

Looks like im waiting up to 30 days to receive this then.

D

Deleted member 26715

If you don't reserve the bike you are going to be waiting 30 days for the certificate then 30/40/60 days to get the bike.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My cycle scheme certificate has been approved - however it is on the second phase of 'awaiting payment', where they kindly state it can take up to 30 days... I really do not want to be waiting a whole month; so the purpose of this thread is to find out if there are retailers, physical or online that accept approved cyclescheme certificates (which are still in the process) ?

I am London based, so any shops within London as well as online retailers would be great advices.

Many thanks,
Obviously depends on the bike you want but many manufacturers currently 4-5 month, and longer, lead times.

You need to order and pay a deposit ASAP.

I think things have changed, certainly my 1st C2W purchase in 2018 I was able to make a deposit and have. Refund, but this was declined with my 2020 C2W. I was lucky that my certificate arrived pretty quickly, and my LBS had at the same time a fresh delivery on the same day.
It doesn’t hurt to ask, of course, but I’m sure you’ll find all suppliers respond the same - the certificate will be required.
Hopefully your certificate will be quicker than the 30 days, depends on your employer settling the invoice I think?

Top Bottom